Im having problems uploading photos.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ive cleared my photos so I know I have space however I keep trying to add pics to my Gorgoo album and it just shows a question mark? I took fresh pics 2day and cant upload them. is this a problem at my end, or the sites? anyone else noticed it? lol I cant even change my freaking avatar!

I had a similar problem the other day when trying to upload a couple of pictures I had saved from Facebook. Apparently they can become corrupted and not readable by the forum software. I ended up by uploading to photobucket and linking from there.

I had the same problem, It was an issue with Explorer 10. I fixed it by switching to Firefox and it worked for a week, Now I get an "unable to resize" message on APS. Cant upload any pics.

On AIF I can upload pics under 2mb.

yeah i have been getting the same thing, aps tells me its to big so i resize them it comes up as an attachment, not the pic like it use to. but pics i have already uploaded in the past on aps no matter what size it still lets me upload. weird.

Same issues as Steve and Saint for me. On any Browser/PC/Laptop combo.

Ended having to link from photo hosting site.
Which isn't that bad I guess. Still a bit of an annoyance though.

I haven't uploaded but I have noticed that when people post photos now I don't see a thumbnail anymore, just a link to the photo. Its not as user-friendly as it used to be but I'm not sure if that's a problem at the APS end or mine.

Yep same, glas it's not just me. I've uploaded hundreds of pics on here before and all methods i've previously used eg: manage attachments or the paperclip no longer work. I've done nothing different so good to hear others having the same issue cause after an hour of trying I gave up. Rather post them on facebook tbh where most do now.

Same, same... except I wasted several hours (am embarrased to say exactly how many!). I am like the proverbial dog with a bone and won't let go until I have exhausted every possibility. It is clearly evident from the above that something has changed in the APS environment to produce this issue. Obviously Admin need to be informed.

Blue

I agree! I also tried it today and even downsized my photos via Imageshack to a format which about any other site will accept. To no avail. How did you guys get your avatars on this site? (I will try it once again right now.)

Hopeless ... even for the avatar, it's still saying "Remote file is too large', even to the minimum size coverted Imageshack picture which would be accepted by every other website. I agree that admin should be informed about this issue - perhaps by someone a bit more senior than I am.

OK. I have just successfully changed my avatar. The file size limit for avatars has always been small, although it may have been tightened - Before if the image was too big it just wouldn't work, there would be no error message telling you to resize like I just got. The error message informed me that I had to resize to at least 120x80 pixels, which I did and then the upload was successful.

Now let's try an image upload........

OK. The first time I tried it nothing happened - The File Uploader just sat there for about 10 minutes. I was actually using Internet Explorer 10, which has known issues with this forum software, so I switched to Firefox to try again.

This time it worked, but I got an error telling me the file size limit was 1024x768 and that I'd need to resize it myself. No drama, I resized it and then it uploaded successfully. However, now instead of the thumbnail that I used to see, there was a '?' icon. As you can see though, the upload HAS worked (see down the bottom under "Attached Images") - There is just no thumbnail for the pic.

So now we will try using my preferred method.......

Over to imgur.com to upload my pic. Browse for my local file & choose upload. A minute or two later (I chose a large pic) I am informed that my upload was successful. Now to copy the BBCode link and paste it here:

pWo8auy.jpg

Ahhhhhh, now I remember why that is my preferred method. 8) Sorry for the crappy pic - I took it on my iPhone.

So to sum things up, image upload DOES work, although it has changed somewhat. However, I strongly urge members, especially those who upload lots of pics, to look at their own hosting solutions (photobucket, imgshack, flickr, etc.). This way your pics can be centrally managed by you, and can then be shared anywhere you like, without the need to continually upload to different sites/forums. If for some reason you decide you don't want a particular pic visible anymore, you simply delete it from your hosted site - Then it will disappear from anywhere you have shared the link, no need to go around everywhere deleting it manually.

Attachments

• crop2.jpg
    crop2.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 88
thanks guys! I have noticed my problems began since upgrading to IE 10 ....will try using photo bucket from now on. Im glad its not just me! lol I thought I was going crazy :p

I have the same problem from the iPad, I usually take a pic on the iPad and just upload it from there, but not working as to how I have posted many many pics

well ive just changed to firefox and successfully changed my avatar however it had to be made super small! lol. i shall try a pic now.View attachment 288960 ok so its not like it used 2 be but its there! now i shall attempt one from photo bucket :D DAdaaahhhh, it worked!
002-5_zps48b196b6.jpg
11069c83-0181-4824-8061-c510397f45ca_zps7c2c7d4e.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back