Tree dweler and Valvet geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the picture, I'd definitely agree that they are Marbled Geckos. I'd contact the seller and tell them they've got to know what they're selling, before they sell it.

Last edited:
Yeah I threw him an email asking him if he knew what the scientific name was, and how they appeared to be a different species than what was advertised

That's a Marbled Gecko, definitely someone needs to do research on what type of gecko it is... dodgy all the way!

he is clearly under the influence of his gecko being a tree dtella and he may of mistaken dtella for dweller,which is understandable. it actually kind of looks like a tree dtella in my opinion but it could well be a marbled gecko.:D

Last edited:
By the way the spell 'sum', 'sail', 'tow', 'valvat' and the fact they don't know the species name and cannot match it up to the scientific one, I'd say dodgy -_- But that's just me... I only buy from people who can be bothered to post 'real and full words' in their ads....and get the species right >.<

to me it looks more like a tree dtella than a marbled
he might be legit

Dtellas are a possibility.. This is the response I got... :/

They cum from Mildura and live in gumtrees.
The tree dweler has blue between the eyes.

Seems legit >.<

It's hard to tell from that picture but it looks like a marbled gecko to me. I may be wrong but I think marbled geckos have larger eyes then Dtellas. in the picture the gecko looks like it has pretty large eyes. Again I may be wrong. That's just my 0.2

Edit:I did a quick google search(which is what I should have done in the first place) and I had it backward. O well I had a 50/50 shot rite.

Last edited:
It is clearly someone who’s first language is not English. The sentence structure is foreign and even the poorest English speaking speller knows the difference between “sail” and “sale”. “For sale” is one of those terms that is in your face everyday somewhere, not to mention the shop and supermarket advertising of “sales” that you get in the these places, on the tele and other media and in letter box with annoying regularity. Being of foreign origin is no crime but a percentage seem to want to apply the rules (or lack of rules, more to the point) applying to animals in their country of origin. Not on. If it was above board and the animals were legally acquired on licence then the seller would be able to refer to them by their correct common names or scientific names. So the The only tree dweler I can see in that advert is the one trying to make an illegal quick buck out flogging our wildlife. That is the sort of character the environment department should be giving a hard time instead responsible licensed keepers.

Terrible photo but it definitely looks like Gehyra variegata. The tail does not appear to be broad enough for Christinus marmoratus and seems to lacks the characteristic series of white blotches down it. The back lacks the regular white markings edged above with black along its length. While the black reticulum, often edged here and there with a thin line pale grey or cream or white is more typical of the Dtella.

What ever it is, it is not in good condition. The backbone and hips are protruding and the tail is sunken to the point where the vertebrae are visible. Poor little bugger needs a decent feed and is probably dehydrated to boot.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back