My new elderly Bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveycrack

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I picked up a Bredli a few days ago who is apparently around 25 years old. I have a small heat pad for her, waiting on a larger one, but I was wondering what kind of heat lamp would be good for her. I'm just worried cos she's pretty old and lazy and I don't want her to overheat.

25 years hope you didnt pay to much for her
as for the heat approx 32 degrees so depends on the enclosure size if you have a thermostat ect
I paid $250 but only cos she came with a pretty great double enclosure. I've put her in the bottom section and put my coastal in the top section. I've fairly new to snake keeping so I'm open to criticism about that setup. I'm getting a second thermostat (first one I'm using for my coastal ATM) and from what I've read I'm thinking a 70 watt ceramic bulb will do.

Got a 75 watt bulb and a 50 watt night time one.

Another thing, she's pretty weak. Is there anything besides feeding her well and providing her things to climb on that could help her gain strength?

Are you sure she's a bredli?

Last edited:
Pretty sure, she is quite dark, that photo wasn't the best representation of her colouring. She does look quite similar to my coastal though, and I am new to all this, so I could be mistaken. The woman I got her off seemed sure she was a bredli.

i was thinking that too, she looks very dark. can you get a clearer closer photo

Also her patterning, because aren't bredli's meant to have thin stripes repeating them selves often? Could be mistaken though, new to this as well! :)

Looks like a plain old coastal to me. And I'd expect it to be bigger than that for 25 years.

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint you buddy but the snake in the photo is definitely not a bredli. I agree with serpenttongue, it's a coastal.
If I were you, I'd be having words with the person that sold it to me.

I'm not overly fussed to be honest, I picked it up cheap and I mostly wanted the enclosure it came with. At least I know now haha.

Yeah I'd be very "fussed"
Even for paying that much for the enclosure. I'd pay to get that out of my house.

25 year old coastal and it's smaller than a yearling, I'd be having some words with the seller too..

Unless you have really big hands that's very small for a 25yo coastal /Bredli
My 5yo coastal is bigger than that and I've seen Bredli larger than that !
I do agree it looks more coastal though.
Maybe it's weak due to lack food, maybe its coming up for a shed, my coadtal is almost black when he sheds. maybe it's been severely underfed ?
There could be lots of reasons it's weak.
As long as your happy and your new mate is happy and healthy then that's all that matters.
I'm a little worried about your apparent lack of quarantine though - if it is ill it could pass whatever it has to your coastal ! Maybe a seperate room and a vet check are in order !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back