$10,000 reward for missing NSW reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a fundraiser can be organised, not just for security, but general bills, acquisition of new animals, feeding etc. There's plenty of chocolate bars sold for charities, no reason why a reptile park can't be helped.

Insurance doesn't replace the animals, only the value, and doesn't give you any more for increased security or bring back rare creatures. And is unlikely to get paid at all if they prove it's an inside job. Things like this often happen so people 'can' claim insurance. Prevention is better than cure.

My mum and I recon its an inside job.. I mean iv been to the park many times and there is massive barb wire fences and things that not just any1 would climb over to get a few reptiles, we also think it was planed as not just any1 would know where those exotics and the other show animals would be held and how to get them out of locked tanks, when I went to have a look at the exotics room there was a pain of glass that you could look through and they had massive coded padlocks and im guessing it would be higher security for there exotics. Personally I just hope these animals get returned, money or not... also I think the donation idea is a good idea too :)

Such an awful event. :(
10K is a fair sum of money and anyone with knowledge (excluding most likely the perpetrator) would have no reason not to give up information. Not just for the money but for justice hopefully to those involved.
As much as I hate the scumbags I would have thought that they would be taking care of the animals as I'm sure that what they want is money and dead reptiles whether exotic or not, aren't worth as much as live ones especially if they attempt to breed them. The conditions may not be top notch but I don't doubt that they would be trying to keep them alive as best they could.

Hopefully the animals are returned or at least getting a decent life someway or another. Best of luck to the Reptile Park.

What about publishing a list of what was taken so we know what to look out for, I get offered exotics regularly pythons and venomous so if I was offered what was taken without a list I wouldn't know. I don't keep exotics before anyone asks just know a lotta peeps in the hobby

If you hear about any exotics for sale or you're offered one just report the animal to the park, you may get a bit of money out it

I would look at maintance/trades people like sparkes that wire everything up or who has been in the restricted areas

I would look at maintance/trades people like sparkes that wire everything up or who has been in the restricted areas
It would have to be someone that is into reptiles or have contacts in the reptile world for the animals to be cared for and sold off. Most people in the general public would not know the price of any reptile. If there was an electrician there that had nothing to do with reptiles and was was inclined to steal he would more than likely steal the copper wire to sell.

Offering rewards for the animals return and rewards for prosecution yet they haven't released a list of the stolen animals.
Seems a little odd to be honest.

Are they expecting someone to come up to someone and say "Do you want to buy an American alligator? If not I have 22 other non de- script reptiles for sale

If you hear about any exotics for sale or you're offered one just report the animal to the park, you may get a bit of money out it
I don't need the money and to be honest its sick they have to offer a reward surely doing the right thing is reward in itself, a lot of offers of non natives are anonymous, on the spot deal-sort of capers not here's my number call me if you want it or they would all be dobbed in to the cops. I'm not against non natives just not in the hands of morons

As much as it sucks they where stolen, I highly doubt the people who stole them doesnt know basic reptile care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back