Breeding blue tonges in doors?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 30368

Reaction score
Is it possible to breed blue tongue lizards and/or shingleback lizards indoors? I only ever hear of it happening in pits outside, but was wondering if a strict day night cycle and winter brumation temps were enforced - would it work?

I don't see a reason why it wouldn't. I used to have two blue tongue lizards when I was little but they were both wild caught so when they had babies I don't know if one was pregers before I caught them but it worked what ever happened. But they didn't have brumatin or anything like that so it should work indoors.

My bluetongues breed perfectly well living indoors, I have an outside pit , but it's only for warm sunny days.

For blueys I reduced heating to 1-2 hours only each morning during Winter, supervised 2-3 matings in early Spring and that's about all there is to it. Keep them separately except for the supervised matings.

For blueys I reduced heating to 1-2 hours only each morning during Winter, supervised 2-3 matings in early Spring and that's about all there is to it. Keep them separately except for the supervised matings.

My first litter of bubs was accidential LOL, I used to keep the 2 adults together all the time and one day I noticed bite marks on my girl and she soon got fatter and fatter and then out came the babies, was fascinating watching her give berth to the little babies (5 of them) , I kept them for a couple months to grow them and get them tame, and then gave the babies away to some local kids who I was friendly with as pets.

our first clutch was also accidental,we rescued a bluey from the golf course,it (we didn't know it was a girl)was missing a couple of lower limbs and a few claws so we called it "claw";some time later a mate gave us another one he rescued from roadworks and they had a "fight" so we got rid of the newby;next thing we know "it" had some babies and it was a marvelous thing to witness the birth of 9 little critters

yeah I've heard of it happening plenty of times with people who just house two blueys together full time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back