Reln 1000L Oval Water Tub

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, until it rains and they all drown...
you can get similar, made from corrugated colourbond without the floor.Be cheaper.

Great, until it rains and they all drown...
you can get similar, made from corrugated colourbond without the floor.Be cheaper.

I was planning to add drainage, otherwise I would have said 'use as' instead of 'make' an outdoor pit - clearly some modification is required to make it suitable :D

Thanks for the suggestion, I've been looking at the raised garden beds with the corrugated colourbond but I haven't been all that impressed with the available sizes (and I'm not much of a DIY'er to make my own) and I like the portability that the Reln tank would enable. Hoping that someone else has gone down the same path..

I have used poly tanks for crocs and merten's and have been happy with them, planning to use more over the next few years for different species.

Easy to modify with small drill holes to secure a cover or attach a drainage fitting.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've been looking at the raised garden beds with the corrugated colourbond but I haven't been all that impressed with the available sizes (and I'm not much of a DIY'er to make my own) and I like the portability that the Reln tank would enable. Hoping that someone else has gone down the same path..
All you need is 4 of about 1 meter radius bends of corrugated then add whatever length sides you want in straight corrugated iron. Any tank maker can roll them for you far cheaper than the popularised raised garden bed.

All you need is 4 of about 1 meter radius bends of corrugated then add whatever length sides you want in straight corrugated iron. Any tank maker can roll them for you far cheaper than the popularised raised garden bed.

Yep. Most garden beds are pretty short anyway, around 300-600mm. Either get a local maker to roll some corners or get them to do the whole thing, work out a lot cheaper then buying a "raised garden bed".

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back