New woma :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally when snakes are pressing the lid of their click-clack they are testing the boundaries of if they can escape or not, they are not seeking to be handled. If you let him alone, you will find he settles down after figuring that he cannot get out. The people who have given you advise (with the exception of myself) have years of experience with snakes and only want to do the best by your animals. No one wants to ruin your fun, they simply which to help you have the best possible experience with your animal by ensuring it is happy and healthy. You would be very wise to take the advise of the other members, they have a great deal of knowledge to share.

Yeah I understand that. However in this case, the snake is not under any stress and is enjoying being out of the enclosure. If I thought that he was the slightest bit stressed or uncomfortable I wouldn't handle him. All I'm saying is that there is no issue here, so I will handle him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not a smart decision, but it is certainly your own to make.

I wish you the best with your new animal.

Not every snake is going to keel over and die just because you handle them.

I totally agree with Trimeresurus on this 1, if it was a Hatchy i would say deff leave it to settle in as a bad start to life can sometimes create the blueprint for the snakes behaviour later on, but as this 1 is already 1 year old i can't see the harm in handling as the OP wants, it is pretty clear from the snakes calm demeaner when handled that it is used to it and if it is really possible enjoys it, It has been my experience that a stressed snake will be constantly trying to escape the handlers grasp and try and hide all the time, this is obviously not the case here and i applaud the OP's willingness to handle it frequently, she has already made it clear that if it goes off it's food or behaves in a manner that looks like stress she will then let it settle in more. It is gr8 that we are getting some more young ladies (and very pretty ones i might add) into the hobby not just us old crabby guys and we should be doing all in our collective power to help constructively not browbeat them with personal opinions (oooops i am ranting again) Very nice Woma, very pretty owner :) ..................Ron

I totally agree with Trimeresurus on this 1, if it was a Hatchy i would say deff leave it to settle in as a bad start to life can sometimes create the blueprint for the snakes behaviour later on, but as this 1 is already 1 year old i can't see the harm in handling as the OP wants, it is pretty clear from the snakes calm demeaner when handled that it is used to it and if it is really possible enjoys it, It has been my experience that a stressed snake will be constantly trying to escape the handlers grasp and try and hide all the time, this is obviously not the case here and i applaud the OP's willingness to handle it frequently, she has already made it clear that if it goes off it's food or behaves in a manner that looks like stress she will then let it settle in more. It is gr8 that we are getting some more young ladies (and very pretty ones i might add) into the hobby not just us old crabby guys and we should be doing all in our collective power to help constructively not browbeat them with personal opinions (oooops i am ranting again) Very nice Woma, very pretty owner :) ..................Ron

Thanks very much! I'm glad some one else can understand my point of view. I appreciate it!

Congrats on purchasing such a lovely woma! Absolutely gorgeous :)

Yeah he is lovely!
No, I also have a year old Stimson's python ������

Ooohhhh, a stimsons..... That's what I want next. :)
Can just say that when I got my woma I was not told not to handle her straight away. Wild horses could not have dragged me away from her. I don't think she suffered from been handled and there were no feeding problems at all and she actually wanted to come out. Only problem was (and still is ) just because she's in the mood to come out to play, doesn't mean that I am, especially when it's 2 am. lol.

Yes Ron, [MENTION=36030]ronhalling[/MENTION]. The chances that the APS group could put out a keepers calender that wouldn't thrown straight into the bin are increasing every week. Glad to have all of the ladies in the hobby, it brings a new perspective.

Here's some more pictures of my beautiful boy
evy6yvaq.jpg
e6uru2a5.jpg
ty2y4a8e.jpg
ada3atam.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back