Getarealdog-I had a vision!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

getarealdog

Reaction score
Had a vision and so finally pulled finger out and built new enclosures for my brown tree snakes and night tigers. Ok so the vision was a bit blurred and it ended up looking like this. For those who remember these were the brown trees that were up for auction the year Greg Maxwell (gtp fame) attended the VHS meeting and Expo. Have had the night tigers for a couple of years now. Will do the same enclosures again so each will be housed separately. Enclosure is 1.2w x 1.2h x 600d and divided down the middle, heating is via heatcord under a tile on a shelf.
bth_PB110144.jpg
bth_PB110175.jpg
bth_PB100036.jpg
bth_PB180262.jpg
bth_PB180299.jpg
bth_PB180270.jpg
bth_PB180321.jpg
bth_PB100060.jpg
bth_PB100090.jpg
bth_PB180334.jpg
bth_PB180352.jpg
bth_PB180381.jpg
They are eating and sh.ting so guess they are feeling comfortable. Cheers

Last edited:
Very nice mate, very nice indeed. I'll be finishing my two enclosures for my guys shortly so I might pinch some idea ;)

Ahhh man, I barely can contain my drooling over your Elapids and there enclosures now this!!!!!!

awesome stuff mate it's a treat every time one looks at your forum contributions.

Thanks for the comments people, they were well overdue for a upgrade. Now the bts's can nailed me around head high as opposed to when they were in their tubs lol! Next vision elapid enclosures (indoors).

Omg - come to my house and have some visions. That's amazing!!

you always pinch my "visions" ha ha. Now onto the elapid enclosures.

Well heres my elapid cage "vision". Got 9 "shells" off a mate & then added the tracks, vents, glass, heating & my idea of "landscaping". Designed mainly for my adders to have some time-out from their life in a plastic tub. Some other herps may also use these. Won't be feeding them in these, when they are to be fed they will go back into their tubs. 6 are up & running, 2 95% & the other about 50% complete. Nice bit of eye-candy i thought. Cheers
P9170003_zpsd4fd8d4e.jpg

August25th201323_zpsdd6030cd.jpg

August9th20136_zps9e590404.jpg

July14th20133_zpse82f8c94.jpg

August10th201310_zps349b35c6.jpg
August8th201318_zpsa32972b8.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Cages 800wide x 500high x 500deep. Heating via 25watt heat cord under tile, no thermostat but will put on a timer. Temps constant 31/32.

What's the main reasoning behind taking the adder's out and feeding them in tubs?? Just for future purposes that's all. Cheers.

Don't want to risk them eating some of the substrate & I'm too lazy to clean these cages out should they soil them. Much easier to clean out a tub with newspaper than these cages.

With those 40 degree days we just had I decided to fill these cages with adders as the garage was getting very uncomfortable for them. Pairs in each with others in the tubs above. Heating via heat cords without a thermostat but on a timer.
P1161216_zps165b396e.jpg

All my arboreal vipers didn't arrive from gumtree so these adders have taken their place. Enjoy your visit Jack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back