Permit Nightmare

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsia14

Reaction score
I bought my murray darling "Betty" in November of last year and so far we have gotten along alright, when I bought her from a friend of a friend they were in the middle of packing up their house to move. I was told that the permit was already in a box somewhere and as soon as they found it they would send it to me, as someone who has moved around a lot and understands the horrors of trying to find one piece of paper in twelve boxes I told them that was fine. Two months later I still hadn't heard from them, so I called and was ignored. It's now June and I have finally gotten in contact with them only to be told that they have lost the permit and are now trying to contact the woman they bought Betty off to get her copy of the permit. I told them that I would like the permit as soon as possible otherwise I will have to put in a statutory declaration saying that I was told there was a permit and as far as I was aware the transaction was legal. I feel like this situation is rapidly becoming out of control and ridiculous. Anyone have any advice?

I had the same problem with a friend of mine and in the end I had to get the statdec done by the sounds of it you might just need to do that you should be fine cause all parks and wildlife need is a paper trail stating where the animal has come from

So if I have a stat dec saying who I bought it from and they have a stat dec saying who they bought it from then that will work?

well the person they brought the snake from should have there details [ the person who u got it off ] I know in vic u have to have a log book of all transactions . nfi what state your in ..

So if I have a stat dec saying who I bought it from and they have a stat dec saying who they bought it from then that will work?

from what I had to go through I had to say in a statdec where I obtained the animal from and as it was my first animal
I didn't know about the permit system and that the person whom had given me the snake hadn't passed that info on

There are some sellers that are notorious for not sending the proper paper work, it happened to me too. All you need is a Stat dec stating what was said in the conversation and both parties licence numbers(rec/wild life)if you can. I also copied emails and text messages betwixt the seller and myself(witnessed by J.P.) and put them in my reptile folder.
*edit*
This is in QLD

Last edited:
[MENTION=28308]CrystalMoon[/MENTION] I'm in a similar predicament... I called the wildlife number who told me they couldn't help me and gave me an email address. It's been months now and no reply... I've never heard of a statutory declaration; just googled and got a bunch of weird useless hits. Can you tell me where I can find more info about this? Thank you so much!

Go to your local courthouse and they will give you all the information on stat dec's you need to know :) Don't lose any sleep over it, as long as you go through the motions and do all you can you will be fine. It is actually more common than most people realize.....

Courthouse!? Lol it sounds so scary serious... I'll take your word for it though and quit stressing... what a relief to know it's not unusual! I'll get on it stat. Thanks a million!! :)

You can get a stat dec from the post office. Then just fill it out and get it signed by a JP

Anthony
aka White Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back