Children's Python 10 weeks no food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylphy

Reaction score
Hi all, another feeding post. My Children's Python, now 3.5 yrs hasn't eaten for around about 10 weeks now. For the first while she was still really active but recently she has really slowed down.
Hasn't shed in a while so it could be the lead up to that but I'm wondering if I should take her to the vet. She has rejected all food offerings. I haven't tried in a couple of weeks because she hasn't shown any sign of being interested. Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If her condition is fine, I wouldn't be too worried. Antaresias are notorious for going off their food, plus it is getting to the cooler months.

If her condition is fine, I wouldn't be too worried. Antaresias are notorious for going off their food, plus it is getting to the cooler months.

I'm in Darwin so we are still pretty warm. How long should I wait before I start to worry, do you think?

I'm in Cairns, all my Antaresias have stopped feeding. Temp is not the only reason they go off food, daylight hours matters as well.
If it appears healthy, let it enjoy his/hers rest.

I panic'd last year because one of my Stimmies wouldn't feed, she went off food for nearly 6 months. When summer came around, she started eating like a horse, her condition was good but I was worried she might starve. The guys here said to me it will be OK as long as she is in good condition, so don't worry too much and just keep an eye on her condition and eventually she will eat again. I am hoping mine will feed again before they go off their food, at least I won't worry this year since I know that come October/November they will eat again.

I'm in Darwin so we are still pretty warm. How long should I wait before I start to worry, do you think?

I am not far away from you and have 2 Ants in that same age bracket which have all gone off their food. Some of the older ones stopped eating at the beginning of Feb and I wont be fussed if they don't start again until Sep or Oct. At that age they are pretty well adapted to spending a considerable amount of time not eating, particularly if they have been well fed in the weeks/months beforehand

As pinefamily said too, they are notorious for worrying people by not eating.

From my own experience with W/C Antaresias in WA, it seems they are very sparse and patchy feeders at the best of times, especially as they mature. 6-8 (sometimes more) months without feeding seems not unusual, and they lose very little, if any, condition in those periods.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back