Knob Tail Gecko Breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HerpNthusiast

Reaction score
Hey guys I was cleaning out my levis enclosure 4 days ago when i noticed an egg amongst the sand it was old but still what a great find :D. Anyway their previous owner (my uncle) told me she has laid over the last few years yet every clutch didn't hatch. He incubated them by placing them on a container within the enclosure and letting the heat pad warm them. I'm skeptical of his idea to incubate them but he said they were unfertilised why is this so i've have a male and female is the male a dud? is there anything i can do to help. Last night she was prowling around digging up sand i believe she was looking at a place to lay her second egg or clutch as the first egg was quite old and dry.

Geckos typically lay two eggs per clutch. It's abnormal for them to space eggs in the same clutch over a couple of days. Are you providing the female with deep moist sand to dig in? Have you observed any mating behaviour? Geckos don't usually lay dud eggs. Although sometimes they may lay duds as a first clutch. It sounds as though your uncle's method wasn't working out for the eggs. Were the eggs kept moist and at what temperature did he incubate them at? When I had geckos the temperature usually sat at 29°C and they were in a moist substrate. They hatched no problem.

Geckos typically lay two eggs per clutch. It's abnormal for them to space eggs in the same clutch over a couple of days. Are you providing the female with deep moist sand to dig in? Have you observed any mating behaviour? Geckos don't usually lay dud eggs. Although sometimes they may lay duds as a first clutch. It sounds as though your uncle's method wasn't working out for the eggs. Were the eggs kept moist and at what temperature did he incubate them at? When I had geckos the temperature usually sat at 29°C and they were in a moist substrate. They hatched no problem.

i havent observed mating i provide 5-7cm of sand pouring water over to moisten it. My uncle's temp would be roughly 30-32 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back