a couple questions regarding breeding signs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl69aze

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
will they lock up / show signs of breeding even if it wont produce eggs? for example wagging her tail but not appearing to ovulate or locking up but not looking like shes ovulating? just wondering as i've had my pythons together for about 1 1/2months now, on and off (on for about 3-4 days at a time, then off over the weekend then back together) and everytime they have locked up and gone wild but only just now it looks like the females gone massive (i started pairing them around 10th of september) 2 days after i've seperated my male and gave him a feed...

will eggs be fertilised if theyve mated BEFORE ovulation? from what ive gathered, they should(?) assuming the male provided viable sperm

the female is having trouble moving around because of how round shes gotten - she tried to perch, got her head up top and was like "nup"

any advice on what i should do?
Cheers

Last edited:
Not much you can do really . If you witnessed lock ups its a case of nature taking its course there is no gaurantees ! Sounds promising though if your female is swollen . Bredli ?
[doublepost=1572403463,1572403351][/doublepost]Prepare a lay site for her of dry sphagnum moss or the like and wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back