Cooling for breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocksher

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Aussie python fam.

we are venturing in breeding some of our pythons diamonds, stimmies and coastals.

We’ve been told some many different ways to cool and so confused on how too.

we’ve been told 3hrs heat then rest off.
also been told turn down temps 3-5 degrees lower and leave on 24/7.
And another turn of heat completely.
All for 7-8 weeks period?

could someone help us out?
We are located in Melbourne, Victoria.

thanks
Rocky and Sheridan

for my bredli, i slow reduced heat time from 6-8pm to 8-4pm starting in may and getting to 8-4 by june, and increasing back in august but leave the thermostat the same at 32

i think someone on here posted a pic in a 12c day of a rock slab in the sun getting to 30c easily

i was told NOT to completely cut off temps unless theyre in an outdoor enclosure
-not sure if this applies to diamond as they are a generally cooler species to keep

I have also seen in books people leave their temps the same all year round, same times etc
and the pythons go off light cycle and ambient temp drops

Not sure if there is any point in breeding anything this season particularly low value animals that have been difficult to move even before coronavirus. Currently rethinking our plans.

Yes that’s understandable but we are doing this as a hobbie and gaining experience. even if we have to hold back on some of the hatchies we are fine with that. As mentioned first time breeding and we want to give it a go..
gives us something to do and look forward during these troubled times.

but yeh just wanted to know about how people cool their pythons.

Back