pregnant beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neven

Reaction score
i think my beardie might be pregnant... she feels really plump n tight across the belly... does this mean she is pregnant or just fat?
was also wondering how much food i should be feeding them each day...
eg at the moment i feed them about 15 roaches and their lettuce... is this too much or too less?
ta nev

Pregnant Beardies.

i noticed the same thing with my large female at the end of november, and not being sure i decided to put some sand and potting mix in her enclosure in two containers just in case!
lo and behold she dropped 16 eggs on chrissie morn, and looked very happy herself - as did i!
the eggs were removed for incubating, and the containers were left in the enclosure. the two beardies continued to show signs of their mating rituals, and sure enough, about 3 weeks ago she dropped another 15 eggs. i have read they can drop up to three or four clutches in a season.
so keep your fingers crossed.
as regards food, sounds like they are well fed, but no harm in offering a bit more for a couple of weeks, and again after she lays any eggs - if she does!
good luck with it and i hope she is pregnant for you!

ta dude... did ur female always have a black beard? cos i hv never seen her have a black beard before and eva since she has been fat she has had it... n when ever he tries to mate wif her she just puts her head slowly on the ground n he stops :?
this normal?
nev

Beardies

normally it is the male with the darker beards i thought.
with the head bobbing the male tends to be faster and more aggressive, my female occasionally bobs the head and then waves the arms slowly, one at a time. she is far more graceful about it all, but he just wants one thing!
how often are you feeding them, and what size are they roughly?
if they are of a reasonable size, it doesn't sound like you are over-feeding so you might be on luck.
definitely put in a container of nice moist potting mix, with a bit of sand. that way she can have a play and dig a bit while she decided what to do about things! something like an ice cream container, or washing basin.
the basin i used was about 30cm*30cm*15cm deep. and she dug right down to the bottom of that to lay her eggs!!!!

pick her up by the base of the tail you can easily see the eggs

i feed them both once a day around 15 each....
how long r they usually pregnant for?
nev

tghey r gravid for a while and the eggs get closser to her ass ya can see em as like if she had swallowed balls and ya can even feel the eggs inside her

umm just wondering how old and wat size beardies can usually start breeding. Coz i have 3 beardies...2 r around 28cm and one of them is gettn a fat belly withsort of lumps. I didnt think she could be pregnant coz i thought that she/he isnt big enough.

hello. beardeds are best to start breeding after they are 18 months old. they should start getting calcium supplements before they mate. and the word used to describe pregnancy in reptiles is 'gravid'. each time ours have been gravid we have seen definite small lumps along the sides of the abdomen. they always look fat from underneath.

we have had a female deliver 32 eggs and 3 weeks later lay 18 more. they have the ability to do that through sperm retention. smarties.

MM

they r around 2 years of age but i think it is just food items. By the way earthmother...i have to do enough english lessons at school so dont try to make this website one aswell. :)

my beardies are both about 35cm from head to end of tail... and are around 11 months old :?
is this bad if she is pregnant?
nev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back