Are beardies wanted?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty_2004

Reaction score
Is there much demand for beardies?
I really want to start breeding them (VERY red phase) and with a rising population of herpers, i realise that beardies are a great novice level pet. However, i always seem to see beardies in ads just sitting around and not being sold. My question is, would it be worth it or would i be stuck trying to sell them?

Cheers,

Matty.

i luv the red ones! id buy em as long as they're not too expensive :)

I have them (Orange phase). I am hoping to breed them next season. You will find if you have good parents which you breed from... people are more likely to buy your hatchies. Nice reds are generally in higher demand than other colour phases.

If anyone has any nice red, yellow or orange females for sale (sub adult), I will consider buying them. On that note, I will have 2 spare hatchie setups if you happen to breed them... hint hint...

i have a pair, a gold male and a red female, very entertaining especially when it comes to wax moths :)

Yer i am looking for really nice red phase i have been hanging for the right ones.
Would love some pic's if they are breeding this season as i would definatley get 5 or so.

A good price is whatever you want to sell them for, if they are proven producers of bright red, then they would be on the top of the beardie price list.
But there isn't many bright red lines going around and even fewer that consistanly produce bright red offspring.
I tried for along time to get bright red animals by buying from red lines and didn't get anything that special.

just because the parents are one colour morph, it doesnt mean that all the hatchies will turn out like that. There may be a few that will turn out really red and others may come out another colour. They will carry genes and when the hatchies produce offspring, there may be a few red ones in there... it is just like parents with brown hair having kids with blonde hair!!!

Thats ture but the more refined a line becomes the more red offspring will be produced and a brighter red.
I still haven't seen anything that comes close to some of the reds in the US and the lines produce animals of that quality nearly all the time.

Genetics with lizards are the same as with snakes..breed from exceptionally coloured parents then select the best coloured offspring, breed from them and so on....the more generations the better the consistency of producing exceptional animals.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back