New TShirt Design

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weigle's - "If its feral, it?s in peril" has always appealed to me.

Cats on our property get three chances if they end up in our cat trap.

1) :x (Psychological) A drenching with hose and left in the trap for an hour dripping wet. Cats do not like being humiliated and this is supposed to stop them coming back. For the most part this works.

2) :evil: (Warning) Second time around they get the same treatment as first time but bet sent on their way with a note around their neck indicating that a third offence will be their last. Only one has come back twice and we have not seen it since.

3) :idea: (Death) Cervical dislocation and into the green waste bin. Thus far we have not had to dispense this justice.

These days we see very few cats in our back yard.

bigcat.jpg

You'd need a rocket launcher for this one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuscus, start producing those and I'll buy ten, for starters anyway.

I reckon it would be better if the cat had a collar on.

PMSL!!! :D :D :twisted:

If the quality was good I'd happily pay $40 or so, and if they were less than $25 or so I'd buy ten.

Actually, no, I'd pay more. Just wearing it to one cat show would be worth at least $50.

Re: RE: New TShirt Design

michaelh said:
How do you trap a cat?

With a cat trap :lol:

They are also sold as possum traps. Basically it is a wire cage with a spring loaded door... like this one:

http://www.animalcare.com.au/shop/ct-170.html

(We did not pay $98 but got one locally from a hardware store for about half that.)

We tend to bait ours with bones. You need to check it a lot to ensure that anything that gets caught is not cruely treated. In addition to cats a few birds, possums and even a rat have found their way into our trap. All but the rat left unharmed.

-----------------

Now here is a site to piss you off:

http://cats.about.com/cs/advocacy/a/australianferal.htm

RE: Re: RE: New TShirt Design

Time to join that site me thinks muhahahahahhahaha.

Sdaji - I'll do some home work and get back to you.

Franny :shock: is entitled to her opinion, even though it is ( IMHO ) worthless and seems under researched.
Of course getting rid of cats wouldn't make everything suddenly better, in fact it could make things worse, cats being one of the main predator of rabbits and foxes and cats interact in ways that restrict their numbers. So if you target cats you need to target foxes and rabbits as well (like what they are doing in SA).
If you want to see what Oz might have looked like without foxes and cats visit one of the earth santuraries and do a twilight walk, see heaps of fur balls that you just never see in the wild.

Fuscus, I would be VERY happy to buy a few of those Tshirts as well!!! :D and as a thought maybe we could auction some off at the VHS meetings?? Please let me know if you will be making any of them in the future!!! :wink: (I had thought I had seen a Tshirt like that one before somewhere?? was it on this site on a discussion??
If foxes and rabbits came into our yard I am sure we would catch them in our trap as well :evil: :D
Cheers, Jude

I love the shirt. cats are crap, end of story.

If foxes and rabbits came into our yard I am sure we would catch them in our trap as well

Don't know about rabbits, but don't be suprised if you get a fox one day :) Melbourne's suburbs are crawling with them. If you go for a drive after 1 or 2 am you often see them running around, even on main roads. I friend of mine trapped one in their backyard a year or two ago, in western Melbourne. It later died.

The only capital city in mainland Australia that is fox free - Darwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back