New enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octavius

Reaction score
20240211_214538.jpg050dedc7-7af1-4166-a322-f8a27ae69605photo.jpeg
Octavius ran all over his new home. I think he is happy to have a space that he can fully strengthen out! My thermostat is set to 80F° and the humidity is at 65. Should I add more moisture or adjust temperature?

View attachment 336089View attachment 336090
Octavius ran all over his new home. I think he is happy to have a space that he can fully strengthen out! My thermostat is set to 80F° and the humidity is at 65. Should I add more moisture or adjust temperature?
If you have your heat source on one side and a good gradient, your snake should spend time in the cool and hot zones. If not, adjust accordingly. There are guidelines, but each snake can have wildly different preference to the "normal" suggested temps. As for humidity, bacteria, mould and disease will flourish in moisture, so if your snake sheds easily I'd reduce humidity incrementally each shed until it is as low as comfortable, or at ambient levels in your house. Your snake will tell you what it needs, you just need to observe carefully.

Back