albino beardys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olive

Reaction score
a while back i remember someone had some albino beardys,does anyone know if there still alive?Thanks

I have an adult male who you would almost call albino but I had never heard of albino beardies so thought he was just some sort of white phase or something.

As far as i know 2 different people had a few albino beardy hatchies last season i think or the one before but they all died with both peoplw who had the....a shame :( Hopefully they still have the Adults that produced the albinos.If they were able to be established there would be a huge range of possible bearded morphs with the reds,yellows and leucistic"white"...if breeding an albino bearded to a white phase you would end up with snow albinos,pure white with pink eyes.

i believe bob withey has some of these.

Doesn't look all white or leucistic to me,it still has a pattern...

Yeah they are still babaies but once they grow and het older they'll most likely be white and bright yellow,more yellow than the yellow phase beardeds i've seen.

I think there pretty cool looking I'd buy one, but then I've got a thing for albino's in anything. My girlfriend had an albino turtle come in to her work the other day, she works at a vet

do only normal phase bearded dragons produce albinos?

do only normal phase bearded dragons produce albinos?
No mate you need an original albino to begin with to breed them but they can come from normal looking beardeds which carry the gene which would be called hets short for heterozygous.It's all genetics.

Hello Olive,

The photo that I directed you to earlier and that I have reproduced here, comes form a series of posts on another forum.

3316albinobeardeds7wc.jpg

The link to the posts is:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-30903.html

As you can see, they are from Bob Withey and he has posted some information about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back