Glauerti is laying

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile City

Reaction score
Yeah, Reptile Citys Glauerti are laying eggs right now.
I thought she was going to die as she was so bloted that her back legs where shaking none stop because of the presure on her spine.
In a few days Rolly Burrell was going to give her a oxcitosin injection to relax her so she would lay.
She is 8 months old.
She has spat out 2 eggs so far & she still looks huge.
I recond she will have around 8 eggs.
The eggs are the size of beardie eggs. :shock:
Wish me luck!
I have had a few nervous days.

Jason

Jason,
Mate you deserve the success...congratulations...I'll cross all my apendiges for you and wish you the best.

Simon Archibald

Congratulations, she is a beautiful looking animal. (I am not a reptile person at all -- just getting ito it a little)
The markings are lovely.
Good luck.

Wow. At 8 months! Congratulations Jason.

Are you going to have mangrove eggs this season?

Thanks for the good words.
My Mangrove female was killed by the male a week after heating them back up.
He was too violent in the mating, she was badly bitten on the front leg & back of the neck.
I was devastated :cry: I now only have a lone male.
I have put in an order for another male & two females, we will see what happends next year with the mangroves.

Jason

Dam. Thats very sad to hear jason. Will you try and breed with the agro male again?

Who else is breeding mangroves this season or next?

can u use like a muzzle to breed of the agro male so it dont kill another female??????

Cor blimey! Congrats on the eggies, bet you feel relieved, Sorry to hear about the female Mangrove, very sad.

if you sell them what will your price be?

Well done Jason! It was only a matter of time before you got some eggs out of them. Congrats!
Matt

They are amazing monitors

Maybe I might be able to afford some in the comming years once their prices drop

Congrats and good luck with the incubation!

ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE ROCKS Find a rock you like and paint it with several coats of latex glue then use a thin gauze material and apply a couple more coats of latex adhesive let dry between coats Peel of when dry and fill with plaster of paris when plaster dries peel of mould & paint plaster to look like original rock.The mould can be used over & over again. It is the easist way to make numerous rocks i have found..GOOD LUCK...

She ended up laying 8 eggs & all look fertile.
She also looks very tired, poor girl!
I have a 95 to 115 day wait for them to hatch at 30 degrees.
I will keep some back for future breeding & I will be selling some juvies.
They will be $1500 each.

Regarding the mangrove yes I was very upset about the female.
I have thought about a small harness to provent the rough breeding that when on.
I dont know anyone eles breeding mangroves.
I did see one advertised on pet link a fair while ago.

Jason

Congrats!

Great looking monitors,good luck with the eggs!!

Please keep us informed as I know I'd like some and $1500 sounds alot more reasonable.

Cheers,

Varanus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back