herping in the ACT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mickousley

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys i am going to work in the ACT any body know any good herp spots
i just finished 10 months near lightning ridge so the city should be a good change for awhile
Mick

I live here and only got my first snake 6 months ago, I'm sure in places like the Cotter and Cowen Forest you'd find plenty.....I'll have to start herping too!

out near Cotter around the pumping station is pretty good seen some nice things there

Used to be hawks and peacocks, didn't know we had snakes, although Peter Costello does seem very cold blooded lol :)

Down around the cotter over the years I've spotted RBBS (I spot about 5 every summer), eastern browns, eastern beardys, eastern long neck turtles, a few skinks.

hi thanks for the info its 3.50 am and im headiing out the door as i have a 3hour drive
thanks
mick

Yeah Palament House plenty of snakes in there :p

Bugger you beat me to it i only just read the thread lol

I thought the poor bugger's would freeze at this time of year i hear it get's pretty damm cold down there

Look all around the brindabella's as well, plenty of bush land and plenty of fauna

Mickousley............................., get out and check around the Cotter. Kambah Pools are pretty good . Ginnenderra Falls are usually tops too. Get out and take a walk around Tidbinbilla/Namadgi Nat park. If you want head east there are plenty of spots a short drive out. Araluan Valley, Deua nat park. Moreton National park, if you're lucky you'll find the odd Diamond. Nerriga road will take you from Braidwood to Nowra through some of the most beautiful scenery lots of animals of all variety.
Want more just ask.

Captains Flat is prime territory for the Highland Copperhead too, it's about 50km south east of the ACT (it's even colder than Canberra there :shock: )

Gets cold doesn't it ando. I got sick of living in town and moved to wamboin for 12 months really bloody cold. Had Eastern browns, Tighers, Red Bellys, Copperheads Blue tongues, Shingle backs, Eastern Beardies, Cumminghams common skinks and the odd Scorpion too.

Thats just what I found in the house paddock and the goat track we called a road;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back