i want to make sure im not getting ripped

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiekev.n.s.w

Reaction score
hey every one iv been after a yellow and black juvie jungle for a while now and there is this guy who said he had 1 and we talked and he sent me a pic 2 my phone and it was brown is he full of it or are the born like that cheers any help will be gratly accepted:?

They dont hatch black and yellow. Their colour develops as they get older, and theres no way to determine this. Ask to have a look at the parents, thats usually a good indicator.

They dont hatch black and yellow. Their colour develops as they get older, and theres no way to determine this. Ask to have a look at the parents, thats usually a good indicator.

I believe this to be true. Viewing the parents is the way I would go about it :

thanks

cheers guys ill give it a shot i just hope this guy dont blow up cuz i said 2 him b4 not quite what i was looking for i am after a black and yellow and he messaged me back and got on the deffensive and then i found out that there not born black and yellow and i apolagised and we seem to be on good ground i just hope he dont go all defensive on me again cheers m8's

Mate I personally think you should reduce your risk and buy from a well known source. Get confirmation of the lineage. B & G Jungles are a very specific snake and you want to make sure you get it right. $600 on a top hatchie is better value than $400 on a not so great one.

How much are you looking to spend?? The only way to be certain is too get one that is already black and yellow. Even if the parents are good its still no guarantee. As rastass said its worth spending the bit extra if its colour you are after.

yea i think ill do that because money shouldnt be a prob and yes i am after the colour i think there amazing in there colour i saw 1 at a show and immediatly hada 2 get a licence and get 1 so yea thnks for the advice cheers guys

Be aware that lineage isn't a good indicator. Some of the best B&G parents can produce some of the worst progeny and vice versa. Buy them with their colours already shed through! Any breeder of B&G's that sells them prior to this and sells them as B&G's is not worth his mettle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back