Info on toowoomba anyone??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always work here, just wondered who would make a comment like that. Get your hubby to have a sit down with Josh and he should be able to set him straight.

last winter in Toowoomba was actually not that cold. They are getting warmer. We hardly had to use the heater last year.

Moved from Sydney to Toowoomba to be with Teni (Adandiluvsmyreptiles). I couldn't get her to move out fast enough. It's cold,cold and cold. Full of freaks,weirdo's and strange people!! I should have fit in well I suppose LOL. Shops are ok, there is one of everything, housing is pretty good for prices, fairly cheap actually and it is pretty big for a country town. 2 hours to everything, ie. the Gold Coast, Aussie Zoo. Anyway there you have it.

Your CPL has no say in where they send you it's upto SCMA. He can write a recomendation but it doesn't mean anything. I was told I was going to townsville by a WO2, my posting order arrived and I was on my way to Oakey and nothing I could do about it. No one got in trouble over it.

always getting shafted, no say at all! thats when you put the D in! dont fall for the carrots!! :p

I lived there for 18 years until around 3 years ago.

It's horrible, I would never go back, even though all my immediate family are there. There are alot of problems there under the surface, has a big mental hospital there, as well as a public one. Walk down the main street and you'll see where they are discharged.

Yep, stay away from Harlaxton, Rockville and Wilsonton. Out near the army barracks is nice at Carbarlah, I lived around the corner from it, but you have to go into town for anything (although they have a shopping centre in Highfieds).

Wrasse also summed it up nicely.

It's got a depressing feel over it, maybe I was there for too long. I would never choose to live there, that's for sure. Water is at crisis level and they rarely get rain. They had a referendum on recycled water recently, most voted NO.

I personally would choose anywhere over Toowoomba to live. It didn't used to be too bad, but lots of bogans just seemd to move there and many people with mental problems and then the drought and it went really downhill.

Hi Simone, I just came from that area about 8 months ago. Land is very affordable compared to here. Rent as well. You will find shopping centres about the same size as Palmerston if not a tad bigger. Friendly people. Great rural outlook still. I bought half an acre an hour out of there for 13k. Major water restrictions and also thats where they are talking about bringing in the recycled sewage water. Summer is beautiful and the winter is reknowned for being windy and cold. I also lived at Oakey. I loved both places. Good luck.

well im not sure wats happening at the moment dont know if its going to be vic or nsw or qld or where ever else.......but thanks guys for all ur help on stuff more then likely hubby will come home tonight and say its changed again and ill be asking questions about some other place in australia :|

My new rule for moving to small towns is if there isn't a Bunnings I'm not going. Sounds like I'm not the only one.

Land prices are good around Toowomba we bought 30acres for $30,000 in Tara.

But I've only driven in to see the block and out, so I have no other comment sorry.

move to bundy instaed australias best climate evenif house prices have gone through the roof the last couple of years

You all ways get a carrot one way or another Whitey

Toowoomba ain't that bad just live out of town a little and it's great. If you go toward the bunyas there are plenty of herp's just gotta watch the tiger snakes out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back