Info on toowoomba anyone??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Python Lover

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can tell me how big toowoomba is? what's the weather like?..... Housing is it cheap or exspensive? Anything anyone can tell me would be greatly appreciated :lol:

Hey Simone - I live at Kingaroy which is about 1 1/2 hrs from Toowoomba. Its not a bad town - still classed as a country town, they have everything there - so shopping etc is not a prob. Housing prices are pretty good still - my daughter is looking at buying a unit there for $130,000 which is cheaper than she can get in Kingaroy. It can get quite cold and windy in winter. We do have cold winters - summers are around the 30's. It of course, is drought declared and their dams are down to something like 20% - they are on restriction 5 at the moment which means no watering etc. Hope this helps.

Toowoomba?

i lived in Gatton for three years which is basically at the bottom of the range. like half and hour away from toowoomba. the city part is quite big theres 2 shopping centres and lots of shops in the street. it gets warm in summer to about 35 deg and really cold in winter (depending on where your coming from). i moved from the Gold coast. im winter they get frosts and sometime gets to about -2C. theres lots of country people. its just under 2hrs to bris and about 2hrs to dalby. its pretty big for a country place. if your not from the country ull have to get a pair of pluggers. lol hope this helps.
Cheers

Pricing is good. Weather is stuffed - always friggen cold.
Lived there for over 4 yrs - never again.
Okay shopping centres but still too small for me.

Lived there most of my life before moving to Townsville. Would never move back as the winters are too bloody cold. Nothing wrong with the shops. Can't comment on housing prices. We go down at least once a year to visit my rellies - but will only do so in Spring or Summer - we can't stand the cold and can't see the point in buying a winter wardrobe for a 2 week holiday.

Have to agree with Mystery on the water restrictions - that's one thing Mum is always whinging about. She has to re-cycle her wash water to try and keep the lwan green.

we own a property 2.5 hours past toowoomba lol (kogan) we paid $305,000 for a 6 bedroom home with sheds tractor ect. ect on 1261 acers it's a nice place but it's all dry as the rain didnt come this year

id fit in? god i feel like staying in darwin we dont have water restrictions we have enough water apparently to help out other states but darwin is too greedy.... yea whitey its why im asking its either bandiana or oakey but we will be living in toowoomba........ frickin army i tell ya its crappin me...:|

lol@ pluggers cmon anyone else??? i was born in sydney and moved to darwin in 83 so i havent been anywhere cold really since i was little so who knows how im going to handle the weather either in qld or vic....... wont know til its about june when its posting time i guess....:|

Stock up on flannel shirts, pick up a Torana to do the Friday night cruise and consider taking up smoking, Winfield Blue should look pretty cool in your rolled shirt sleeve...

Don't forget the Ugg boots. ;)

:lol:

West Toowoomba Vet Surgery is there though, there is always an upside. :)

lol ugg boots god im so not gon be one of them types hahahaha torana hell no mate i gots a rumble ford i used to own a torana uc hatchback when i was 15 canary yellow set up inside with all my sound system etc etc you know it was "FULLY SICK BACK THEN" :D

Approx 110,000 people not a bad place to live. Country values, and country house prices. Oakey base ain't bad. When are you getting posted?

well it has been told that posting wont be known til june when all that starts and its either bandiana or oakey but im thinking its heading towards the qld side of things we dont want sydney hubby refuses to go there so we either want bandi or oakey and if we get posted it wont be until dec some time this is driving me up the wall......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back