Where do you get skinks from?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*~PreciousDiamonds*~

Reaction score
I have been told by a few people to try skinks as a means of feeding my stubborn lil girl, but where do you get them from? Do you feed live ones or do you buy them frozen? As far as I know the pet shop here doesn't sell them, I will double check, but cannot imagine they do as it's only a small town. Any help or thoughts please

was the snake feeding on pink mice when you bought it? if so DO NOT feed it skinks, i will be a nightmare to get it back on rodents once on lizards, if it was feeding, then ask yourself why? has it stopped feeding, it obviously has something to do with your husbandry technique, ie handled to much, to cold, to warm, stressed out, no where to hide, snakes only stop feeding for a keeping reason, how long has it been since it last ate? you should be prepared to wait at least 3 or 4 months before worrying.
cheers Matt

I think there are a few species of Skink's that can be fed to your snakes.
They are very easy to find but sometimes for very frustrating catch.

Please dont feed your snake skinks. Diamonds are often slow to start feeding. Did you breed or buy these? Fish does work well in most cases but it will depend on whether or not the diamond has eaten before or not, i just use cat food sardines or pilchards

just reading back on a few posts, your hatchling has already eaten so feeding skinks would definitely be a backward move and skinks are full of worms - parasites - not a good way to go for you hatchling at all. what temp have you got the cage? How big is the cage? there are a lot of reason why it may not be eating

Ok so skinks are a no no just yet...I will just be patient, she will eat eventually..

I haven't handled her for a week as she was coming up to sloughing, she did that last night so I tried to feed again today to no avail..Maybe too soon...I will just have to be patient and maybe stop stressing myself, she probably senses me stressed...hehee

Her temps and home is fine, loads of hides she spends most of her time in her click clack, I leave the lid off every now and then and she will roam about and heads straight for the tree..typical...I should ring the pet store and they can get in touch with who ever bred her to see what she was eating, I do know the others from her clutch are eating fuzzies which I tried on her instead of pinkie but no luck....

If someone on here happens to be the breeded, got any tips....

(Ohh all I know is breeder is from Gosford and delivered 6 hatchies to a pet store in Modbury, Adelaide. Gully Reptiles) PM if you are on here

its illegal to kill any australian reptile they are all protected by law so im pretty sure the pet shop wont have them beside thats a good way to bring in parasites check the way your keeping them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back