snake dont use its tail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

speech

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys i noticed the other day that my snake sorta looked constapated well i brought him about 3weeks ago and i think the guy i have brought him of was feeding the poor bugger to big of food as his poo hole is really showing and i noticed that wen i kinda pushed on it helped him poo but it was already white and chalky now i noticed he dont use his tail it just hangs there i was thinging of not feeding him for a couple of weeks to let it heal any advice and just let me no if he will be ok he still is very active and has no worries eating thnaks

try putting a couple of full stops in to make it easyer to read.

does he have a water bowl? lokis poos are generally well lubricated by all the liquid that comes out with them,...

how can i tell if he has prolapsed..and yer he has got a really big water bowl

A pic would help...

no not really anything hanging out that looks out of place and it kinda looks like its getting smaller.and it dont seem to worrie him but it looks very strange

sorry there is not really anyway i can get a pic i no its pretty hard to explain

mmm..... snake massage works really well, but you have to know what you are doing otherwise you may mistakenly break bones if you stretch him too hard. I would take him to a reptile vet to be on the safe side.

check his temps so it dosent happen again, i've heard that temps beign to low can cause impactions,...fro now i'd take him to the vet though,...he might be able to give him an enema,...

hey i cant get him in to next thursday.. if anyone has any pics of a prolapsed snake can they post it and ill let you no if if looks like that..as there is no really way i can get a pic up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back