My baby boy Happy the Saltie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m.punja

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My brother took this photo of my croc Happy in his tank. Best pic ever! :lol:
17-06-07_0246.jpg

ohh your soo luckey to have a croc, great picture mate :D
cheers
brad

Are you trying to make us jealous??? Well you have!!!!!

That's awesome, what are the license requirements, pics of your enclosure, feeding regime etc etc, tell us lowley snake & lizard keepers all about it. LOL

Too cool Bro!

Here is a very old pic of the enc. Have no new ones. This was when I first got it and before I set it up properly. I've just had a new lid made for it and am setting it up completely different so when it's done I'll post some more pics.
Happys enc.JPG
And here is a pic of me mate holding him.
happy 1.JPG

His housing is a lot bigger then it looks in that pic although it is getting to small for him atm. He is a pig so feeding is about weekly, it really depends. Having a croc is so easy to feed, mates will ring you or family members, housemates mates ect and all you say is yeah you can come check him out, go past the pet shop and buy a frozen rat, get a six pack and come around. I'll feed him for ya and we can have a drink.

I'd love to, but i don't think I'll have the space. I will decide next year, if I can afford a block of land and get enough $$$ to build a big shed I'll set up a section to keep him.
Here's another pic of his big toothey grin which earned him the name 'Happy' which he really isn't.
happy 2.JPG

Vic licensing tells you that if you want to keep the croc larger then 2.5 meters you have to apply for a permit and get someone to come and see that you have the proper sized enc for it

not real sure but you can do it by looking. I saw them do it once on one of Steve Irwins docos, I don't know if Happy is a guy for sure

ahh ok, cool.... wasnt sure if they had big hemipenal bluges like male dragons and geckos etc?

Yea, not sure matt. That top ones a great shot hey Dee. He is soaking it up under your light ;) Shane took it, I'm thinking of getting it printed bigger and putting it up on the wall in my room, it makes him look huge

So what do you do with him if you can't keep him.?
I saw video of Steve Irwin probing to tell sex.

i hate that we cant keep crocs in qld but you can get a harvesting licences for them

I know a guy who has a few crocs in big enc's near where I live and he has an eye on my guy. Start of next year or end of this I hope to have a setup for some young freshies, if happy gets too big I'll sell him to this guy and when the freshies get big enough I'll put them in Happy's tank

Gee, that would look a treat enlared on a banner of sorts mate. I just happen to know a bloke that could do you a great deal.;)

lol. Not a bad idea Dee, the only issue there is $$$$$$ I should get a quote tho. It'd be great in the garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back