• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

3 bay enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl69aze

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy 1-3bay 4-5x2x2ft enclosures

Located west Sydney, can organised pickup or meeting location

must be in a good condition, no chunks, cracks, **** stains etc

thanks,
:)
[doublepost=1541126695,1539676612][/doublepost]Bump

Can be built or second hand
[doublepost=1541904606][/doublepost]bump

What are you planning to house in it ?

Pretty hard to find, I know I looked a few years ago (nothing 2nd hand on GumTree at the time, not even double bay enclosures) so I built my own using plywood.

If you don't like working much with timber , check out the CONNECTIT system
https://www.metalmate.com.au/connect-it , using these joiners https://www.metalmate.com.au/connect-it/connect-it-components/connect-it-corner-joiners (they are very strong even though made from plastic, can be found at Bunnings), you can build a nice multibay system using this and a few sheets of plywood (Bunnings will even cut to sheets to order, just call the local Bunnings and ask to be connected to their TRADE DESK).

Or simply buy some long threadbar and suitable sized nuts & washers , and some sheets of Project Ply (all available from Bunnings). Drill 4 holes in the corners of 3 sheets of Project Ply (120cm x 60cm) if the tanks you have are smaller than 120cm L x 60cm W) and adjust the nuts and washers supporting the sheets (shelves) of Project Ply so you have enough vertical clearance for the bottom & middle tanks, tighten the upper nuts onto the upper washers and you will essentially be done. Slip the tanks onto the shelves.
If you don't like the industrial appearance of bar bolts and threadbars , simply slip some painted PVC tubing or square hollow aluminium tube over the exposed threadbars and bolts.
Beauty of this approach is it's adjustable and easily disassembled to be moved elsewhere.

Last edited:
What are you planning to house in it ?

Pretty hard to find, I know I looked a few years ago (nothing 2nd hand on GumTree at the time, not even double bay enclosures) so I built my own using plywood.

If you don't like working much with timber , check out the CONNECTIT system
https://www.metalmate.com.au/connect-it , using these joiners https://www.metalmate.com.au/connect-it/connect-it-components/connect-it-corner-joiners (they are very strong even though made from plastic, can be found at Bunnings), you can build a nice multibay system using this and a few sheets of plywood (Bunnings will even cut to sheets to order, just call the local Bunnings and ask to be connected to their TRADE DESK).

Or simply buy some long threadbar and suitable sized nuts & washers , and some sheets of Project Ply (all available from Bunnings). Drill 4 holes in the corners of 3 sheets of Project Ply (120cm x 60cm) if the tanks you have are smaller than 120cm L x 60cm W) and adjust the nuts and washers supporting the sheets (shelves) of Project Ply so you have enough vertical clearance for the bottom & middle tanks, tighten the upper nuts onto the upper washers and you will essentially be done. Slip the tanks onto the shelves.
If you don't like the industrial appearance of bar bolts and threadbars , simply slip some painted PVC tubing or square hollow aluminium tube over the exposed threadbars and bolts.
Beauty of this approach is it's adjustable and easily disassembled to be moved elsewhere.
Thanks heaps for that reply! I plan on moving my pythons into a bay setup when the diamond moves,

Looking at getting a 3 bay and get another darwin and have a crack at breeding for experience sakes, MAYBE get an Ackies for coastal current tank 4x4x2 however I’ve been seeing mixed opinions of Ackies in that size so that’s still in the bag of ideas
[doublepost=1542882364,1541918784][/doublepost]Bump
[doublepost=1543477840][/doublepost]Bumpy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back