_Pig nose Turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahbell

Reaction score
Just wondering if theses can be kept as pets or not and if any one has any info on them or knows of someones who has kept them

These guys are pretty rare in captivity, Expansa1 has a pair but his male is still a bit too small for his female. I'm not sure if they have been bred in captivity with the exception of zoos yet and would definately fetch a high price.

Col South (head of reptiles at Sydney Aquarium) called them "the Green Tree Python of the turtle world for private keepers." He made this statment during his talk at the CARA Conference, run in line with Wild Expo.

Simon Archibald

Saw them at a exibit that goes around the shopping centers. they look very cool.

Theres a yahoo group called something like Fly river turtles. It is of course mostly OS. There appears to be a lot kept in the States and SE Asia withy the stock coming from PNG. I wonder if Expansa's are Daly River type? must ask.

sarahbell said:
whos this expanser person?and how can i contact him

Expansa1 on this site, aka Craig Latta~ Turtle Guru! :D Why not pm him!

OK....after posting I just realised that Inny posted that. I should look before I reply, especially when he has that huge logo of his that says "Inny" *LOL* I feel so blonde.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Puppy, now that was funny!...........Nah, pignosed are, as whoever said, the turtler's "holy grail", I dont have any of those....YET :D Craig is definatly "The Man" in turtle circles, right up there with John Cann imho :wink:

:lol:

LOL I thought you were gonna confirm that I was blonde. Well then I'll refer to you as the guru maybe next year, when you get a pair of those. :D

Lol I made the logo temporarily huge, but I changed it back! :oops: :D

Damn I missed it.... D'oh. Oh well, once I realise that the logo is there, it looks quite hard to miss anyway LOL. How much are you willing to pay for a pair of those just for example?

peterescue said:
Theres a yahoo group called something like Fly river turtles. It is of course mostly OS. There appears to be a lot kept in the States and SE Asia withy the stock coming from PNG. I wonder if Expansa's are Daly River type? must ask.

Hi Guys,
stop talking about me I'm getting embarrassed :oops:
On a serious note, Our 3 are Australian origin and it has been looking promising lately as the male has attempted mating on a few occasions. He is a bit small yet but has the right idea. Hopefully in a year or so he'll be able to do the deed!
expansa1

While we dont have any of our own we wil just have to electronically enjoy yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back