After any care info on Blonde Spotteds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindy

Reaction score
After any info on enclosure size when to up grade enclosure, food size when to up grade food size,heating, what to use for heating. Just anything really I am a complete novice have never kept a snake before only beardies.:)

Thanks anyone else with something more?

adult enclosure 900L x 500W x 500H,can move in around a yearling depending on how the snake settles in.

Different opinions. I got told that you need an enclosure half the length of the snake????

4 of my snakes are spotted pythons,2 blondes and 2 standards,the smallest mine are in as adults are 900L x 400W x 600H,but all opinons are different

My rule with spotteds is I feed 10 x pinkies then move on to the next size up (fuzzies) and so on. Always monitoring if it seems still to big for them etc.
I keep mine in click flacks up to 7-10 months or (1foot in size approx) which ever comes first, then move them to an enclosure size of 60x60x45 cm for the remainder of their life. Always letting them out for a roam on the grass weekly.

In my experience spotteds don't like sitting on direct heat, when given a choice they always sit in the next section. So for a click clack I'd place a heat mat under 1/4 of the container so they can pick and choose where they want to go.
In a 60 x 60 x 45cm enclosure I'd use heat mat under half in the night and basking or daylight lamp during the day. Never both simultaneously.
Keep the temp around 30c day and 23-24 night (summer months)
Then drop to 24c day and 15c night for winter hibernation.
Hope that helps

Matt

Thanks that does :) What size Click Clacks do you keep them in?

Last edited:
What size Click Clacks do you keep them in?

I keep mine in a 5 L (i think its 5L) its about the diameter of an A4 piece of paper and about 4-5 inches tall.
enough room for a water bowl, Hide and an open area.

Thanks Cools, I have been trying to sort out my heating and it means the heat mat I have borrowed is just right for the job. :)

Thanks Cools, I have been trying to sort out my heating and it means the heat mat I have borrowed is just right for the job. :)

just make sure you only partially heat the container...or youll have fresh snake jerky in the morning ;)

It was more the temp ranges. The heat mat I have in there currently covers just under half the tank. The turf meassures 34* there and 24* off the mat and slightly cooler in the hide... maybe 23*.

It was more the temp ranges. The heat mat I have in there currently covers just under half the tank. The turf meassures 34* there and 24* off the mat and slightly cooler in the hide... maybe 23*.

Thats a perfect range mate

just turn it off at night, or let it get to about 22-24 hot range in the night

As I'm not running a heat rock I am adding a halogen down lamp (50w) to put some extra warmth into the basalt basking spot. I'll have that this week so I'll trial it and see how the temps go. In the mean time I'll start shopping for thermostats.

As I'm not running a heat rock I am adding a halogen down lamp (50w) to put some extra warmth into the basalt basking spot. I'll have that this week so I'll trial it and see how the temps go. In the mean time I'll start shopping for thermostats.

anything with a day/night temp is great mate, you can also run lights on a timer off these types aswell will be looking at about $60-$100

What do you use for a water bowl and a hide? Also what substrate? Just paper towl?

What do you use for a water bowl and a hide? Also what substrate? Just paper towl?

I use a ceramic ramican ( spelt wrong) its a small desert dish, pick them up for about $1ea, for a hide i use ceiling rose fittings (small igloo looking electrical fitting $3 from wholesaler ) either use paper towel or kitty litter ( the paper recycled stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back