Another Enclosure Idea

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stretch

Reaction score
Out getting a day-light for the beardies today and came across a 'trash and treasure' type place. Anyone who knows me knows that I cannot resist such a place! I always have a forage aound. I have found quite the bargains whilst doing so.

Today I found an old phone box. You know, the old wooden type with windows in the top half and wood panels down the bottom. I instantly thought to myself..Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...This would be make a gerat enclosure!

Taking out two sides of glass and replacing it with mesh, adding a shelf to seperate top and bottom, and it already has a light bulb fixture in the top!

Totally awesome, very old looking (suits the decore of my house) and makes a great indoor home for the beardies as they get older.

Had to layby it though.....so it will be a few months in the making.

That's a great idea.
You will definitely have to show us some photo's when its done.
I recently picked up 2 sound control enclosures at the auctions.
They are cabinets designed to house those old dot matrix printers.
They already have ventilation and power.All I basically had to do was make them escape proof.They only cost me 10 bucks and they look really professional.

Cool, show us pics of them too Greebo!

I know what you are talking about Greebo. Man that is an awesome idea. Now I might have to go on a scavenger hunt. :D

Nothing like a sledge hammer and wacking the guts from a 1940's wardrobe in prep for a new enclosure. Such oomf, quite spiffy must I add. Have fun with the new project Sue, photographs at certain intervals will certainly be great to look back upon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back