Bondi Burmese Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much point in doing this in NSW alone.

I wonder of there will ever come a day when Australia's regulations regarding reptiles and the keeping of native animals will be consistent throughout the country.

JeffHardy said:
..... "the owner"? Don't you mean "the irresponsible dork that had it illegally"?

It is rumoured that NSW DEC is considering placing a condition on all reptile keeper licences to the effect that if any exotic snake (not just boids) is found on the premises of a private licensed keeper, the whole collection of exotics and natives will be seized and destroyed as a precaution against the spread of exotic diseases.

Jeff

That's funny, our laws are different for just about everything from state to state. Of course it would make perfect sense but when did sense come into the picture :?:
It amazes me that some states allow limited collection of wild reptiles and others don't, some require (amazingly) import/export permits, you can't keep all the species of this country in all states, the list goes on and on.

herptrader said:
Not much point in doing this in NSW alone.

I wonder of there will ever come a day when Australia's regulations regarding reptiles and the keeping of native animals will be consistent throughout the country.

JeffHardy said:
..... "the owner"? Don't you mean "the irresponsible dork that had it illegally"?

It is rumoured that NSW DEC is considering placing a condition on all reptile keeper licences to the effect that if any exotic snake (not just boids) is found on the premises of a private licensed keeper, the whole collection of exotics and natives will be seized and destroyed as a precaution against the spread of exotic diseases.

Jeff

Boa your a funny man. Settle down mate, no need to g-up. I was just voicing my opinion. By the way it's an emerald tree monitor and i took the pic myself. Just because i dont think there is a need to keep exotics doesent mean i am not interested in them.

If you really want to keep exotics then move overseas...

Settle down ? Can't see what you are referring to there. It wasn't a serious question as to what the animal was. I don't think I'll move overseas, maybe I'll just wait awhile :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back