Buying an incubator

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardlove

Reaction score
i think i may need an incubator the eggs were layed to days ago should i try to separate them now ?

if you can keep the cage temp at 31c then just leave her be. its what they do naturally. if she laid 2 days ago then you'll have your hands full about 28th jan. 53 days. you can mist her with warm water every few days to help with the humidity. hope this helps

They will probably be near impossible to separate now... If you take them off her, try not to roll/tip them either. Be gentle and try to keep them still. Just put them in the click-clack as they are (in a clump no doubt) on damp vermiculite, with a hole or two, maybe more, in the lid (for the eggs when they breathe).

Depending on where abouts in QLD you are and the average temps/humidity of where you live, you might be able to get away with placing them in the most stable room (temp-wise) in your house... But try and pick a room where it sits at around 30-31degrees. And depending on how humid it is or not naturally, cover or uncover the holes in the lid.

Or just buy an incubator and put them in that and monitor humidity etc.

Or if you're going to let her do it, make sure she isnt sitting on the heat mat with them incase it cooks them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back