Cairns Meet - 09...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Just got back from 10 days in Cairns, invited by Magpie and Slim6y, who I'd like to thank immensely for the invite and putting up with me for so long,..also like to thank the others who attended, all a great group of people, it's great to finally meet some of the people you only know as a 1inch avatar. The weather may of been a bit wet, but it wasn't going to put us off from having some fun and finding a few things...so.... I guess some pics should be posted... I'll get around to that over the next few days, I have dozens of fungus photos I need to ID and I'm sure your all dieing to see them....

Well, I arrived to so some solid rain..was a bit of a worry really, esp when you could kayak down the driveway
rainrainrain.jpg

wetfeathers.jpg

as Craig ( Magpie) proved...
wetwet.jpg

I'm just lucky I parked the hire car up the top, as the road below was well and truely underwater.

Craig has a better than average backyard, and it hosts some remarkable critters....
Magpienest.jpg

sure, it's no good for cricket or a game of touch, but I've seen worse backyards...
TubeNosedBats.jpg

some tube nosed bats found a good 30 meters from the back door...

Orange Thighed Tree Frogs ( L. xanthomera) abound around the house... I managed a few pics in the rain and a little unstable on my feet.....meaning the ground was unstable of course ;)
OrangeThighed.jpg

wow, makes me want to go back right now!
Will be 18months or so before we get back up there:(
Shouldnt complain, Darwin this year (if i'm good)
The bats are gorgeous!

Well the sun came out and we were all pretty happy to spend some time in it drying out, so Craig gratefully took us for a drive to a very nice place with lots of herps and biting flies.....
river.jpg

river1.jpg

On the way out there, Bryony spotted a tree looking back at her.... I personally rate it as the "spot" of the trip, a well camouflaged frilly isn't easily seen from a moving car.
kingii.jpg

Kingii1.jpg

There were plenty of skinks and two lined dragons to keep Jordan and I amused, the flies were getting to some though, and Bryony took refuge in the river to eat her lunch..
Carlia.jpg

Carlia1.jpg

Twolined1.jpg

Twolined2.jpg

twolined.jpg

Bryony.jpg

Great piks mate best time is the wet season LOL!

I love it there best place, in the daintree is the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back