Cat delema ????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He he, How do you make a cat drink?

Mix vodka, bacardi in a glass, squeeze some cat juices in, add a lime and serve......chilled.;)

Hi Najanaja,

So many great ideas posted on the site, please let us know what choices you make and how it continues/ends as I have a similar problem with cats fighting on the roof at 2 am in the morning.

cheers

My aunty ad uncle have a similar problem with cats in their yard . . They also set up a possum trap and whenever they caught a cat they would hose it down till it was soaked to the bone . . Then release it after awhile they learnt not to go into their yard . .

Jeffa,spray your roof with some kind of lubricant,oil or similar.Not environmently friendly but a smile on your face at 2am after they hit the ground very fast in a heap.

I have caught 3 neighbourhood cats and taken them to the pound. The pound keeps them for 3 days (was a few years back, not sure of the timeline now) and if they're not claimed then they're put down. :)

I have caught 3 neighbourhood cats and taken them to the pound. The pound keeps them for 3 days (was a few years back, not sure of the timeline now) and if they're not claimed then they're put down. :)

Whats with the smily face after the part saying "Then they're put down". Are you saying that you like the fact that they're put down?

At the end of the day it is somebody's pet, even if they "just feed it" and let it roam the streets. I'm sure a knock on the door would be much more appreciated then killing it or taking it to the pound. ( maybe i'm getting soft in my old age lol :) ).

Who know's they may even compensate you for the bluie?

Fill wheelie bin with water. Drop trap in.
1 less cat in the world isn't going to be a problem.
That's actually really cruel. While I agree the cats should be taken to the pound or RSPCA as they are clearly a menace to local wildlife and the poor reptiles, I do NOT agree with torturing cats that clearly don't know any better.

My german shepard will kill any cat he can catch . I geniunely don't approve of that but obviously I cant stop a cat coming into my yard at night. Before my neighbours got a cat we dozens of dragons ,Diporiphora albilabris or at something like that, after two months with a cat ALL GONE

PS they are slowly returning

Best thing you could have done was not said a word and just trap and humanely kill the cat. If in the suburbs freeze and drop in the bin just before collection.

Best advice Banjo..
feral.jpg

They might not be feral but domestic cats kill and injure way to many native animals.

@ snakeluvver

Regarding the question about the guy smiling about the fact that the cat was put down, my landlords wife is a cruel old bitch. She talks with great passion about having animals put down that wander into her yard. I was pretty appalled, she even talked about how great it was having dog bitches put down.

Disgusting, I wanted to crack her with a muay Thai elbow. I had to bite my Tongue, though.

OMG i cant believe those who say kill the cats, these animals are only doing what they did naturally before we HUMAN domesticated them, same as every other living creature on this planet, i see so many of you in here bitching about people being cruel to snakes, lizards etc but think its perfectly ok to kill cats or dogs because they 'annoy' your lizards/dragons

its not their fault they have irresponsible owners

i would go with the council option, speak to whoever you hand it to and explain to them the damage the cats are doing to your reptiles, also ask how you can get compensation from the cat owners, you might have to sue them in a civil court however by hitting them where it hurts they MIGHT just sit up and listen and do something about their cats or surrender them at least

but please i beg of you dont even consider being cruel to them

otherwise you can plant lillies all around your yard, apparenty even a bit of pollen on their fur can make hem sick and kill them, i know its not nice, but its the only legal way of killing them.......
.of ffs there is NO LEGAL way to kill a cat to do so could end up with you in jail and court and owing the neighbour a barrow load of money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back