Cat photo thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that Sarah :( they are never with us long enough! Ragdolls are a fantastic breed though!!

well, i went to the vets with my dog today and came home with a new kitten!!! He and his whole litter had been abandoned and they needed good homes. he is about 6 weeks old and we have named him "Tripper" as he has one blue eye and one green eye. he is also deaf....100_56022.jpg

100_5602.jpg

100_5605.jpg

i love the different coloured eyes!!! ive always wanted a cat with them =] very cute!

and sarah m i know how you feel... instead of getting a new cat of my own im fostering kittens for a rescue organisation and adopting them out to people =] its very rewarding!

i definately had no plans on getting another cat as henry has been giving me hell, and definately not another male cat!!!

His eyes are spectacular. when i showed him to hubby he straight away said "tripper" (on closer thought, he may have been talking about me getting another cat lol)

Id love to foster, but couldnt hand the babies over to other people!

well, i went to the vets with my dog today and came home with a new kitten!!! He and his whole litter had been abandoned and they needed good homes. he is about 6 weeks old and we have named him "Tripper" as he has one blue eye and one green eye. he is also deaf....

he is Gorgeous! I am glad to see people adopting animals. How is he coping with being deaf? It hasn't made him frightened or Skittish? If we didn't rent I would have heaps more than I do :S

Last edited by a moderator:
hes suprisingly friendly and inquisitive. and i am sure he is responding to noise. i called out puss puss before and he looked at me, so maybe he is only partially deaf.

We've only had him home a couple of hours and he is already playing with the other cat and us, and coping well with my 3yr old carrying him around like a baby. He's actually sitting here watching me type. Its like he knows I have rescued him..

Cats have a way of knowing things they shouldn't lol

Here is a couple of my little guy, in saying little, he is 5.5 kg worth of cat, so I shall say little compared to my Malamutes. We was adopted from a lady in Jimboomba Qld who rescues cats. We thought he was a little girl, turns out not..

DSCF1815 copy.jpgDSCF1814 copy.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF1458.jpg
    DSCF1458.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2319.jpg
    IMG_2319.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 21
he's beautiful! i love solid coloured cats. There was a little blue boy at the vets too, but he looked like he was going to loose an eye (he and his litter mates had come in with the cat flu) and he had ring worm..its so sad that people are so irresponsible with little lives...

he's beautiful! i love solid coloured cats. There was a little blue boy at the vets too, but he looked like he was going to loose an eye (he and his litter mates had come in with the cat flu) and he had ring worm..its so sad that people are so irresponsible with little lives...

thats so sad =[

all the kittens im fostering now were saved from euthanasia

giving them up is really hard but the people usually keep in touch and post photos on the rescue fb page =]

Thank you!

Cats cope amazingly well with a disability though. My Uncle has a cat that was hit by a car and lost a front leg. He would disappear and because of this once missed being moved house.. but after a few weeks he turned up at the new house as if he had been keeping tabs on his owners the whole time. Im sure the little guy will do fine with only one eye.

these are my to cats, milly and simba their ragdolls, milly is the greyer one and simba is white

Attachments

• 100_2185.jpg
    100_2185.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 25
  • milly walet.jpg
    milly walet.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 28
  • simba.jpg
    simba.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 24
  • simba.jpg
    simba.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 25
Thank you!

Cats cope amazingly well with a disability though. My Uncle has a cat that was hit by a car and lost a front leg. He would disappear and because of this once missed being moved house.. but after a few weeks he turned up at the new house as if he had been keeping tabs on his owners the whole time. Im sure the little guy will do fine with only one eye.

It was only because of the ring worm that i didnt take him. i wasnt willing to risk my other cat, my dogs or my daughter with ringworms.

It was only because of the ring worm that i didnt take him. i wasnt willing to risk my other cat, my dogs or my daughter with ringworms.

yeah theres only so much you can do =] your little kitten needed a good home to!

DSCF7003-1.jpg

little puss (grey one) walked in the front door many many years ago like he owned the place and stayed, sparkie (orange one) we got from a farm they named him 'Spartacus' needless to say we changed his name to sparkie and he loved helping fix computers

DSCF7011.jpg

tigger (grey black marbled bengal?) was a RSPCA rescue this year and brandy (white/grey) was a RSPCA about 3 years ago

DSCF7003-1.jpg

little puss (grey one) walked in the front door many many years ago like he owned the place and stayed, sparkie (orange one) we got from a farm they named him 'Spartacus' needless to say we changed his name to sparkie and he loved helping fix computers

DSCF7011.jpg

tigger (grey black marbled bengal?) was a RSPCA rescue this year and brandy (white/grey) was a RSPCA about 3 years ago

Jeanine, tigger looks like my cat henry!!!

hes got a great personality and very intelligent

hes also a lot like a dog and will pick things up and take them off to play, lost the plug to our sink a while back and took us weeks to find it after he had finished playing with it
:lol:

sounds exactly like henry! He runs backwards and forwards every night "velcroing" himself to the front and back screen doors like a madman. he's crazy, but he's only 6 months old. They both have the mouser "M" on the foreheads too. he's very cute!

I had a ginger cat called henry he was a insane cat very hypo but he got hit my a car:'(

Bit of a random question- but might yield some funny stories- have you're cats ever caused problems because they're so intelligent??

I used to have a Siamese x Burmese called Hendrix. At the time I lived in a huge multi split level old Queenslander full of crazy uni students who never shut any doors or windows, so he had to be an indoors/outdoors cat. Turns out Hendrix had a bit of a fetish!! One day the next door neighbours asked me to come check out Hendrix's 'stash'. To my surprise, in the corner of their yard there was a giant hidden pile of UNDERWEAR!!!! Not mine either lol. There were heaps of pairs of undies, boxers, bras, socks and a few singlets!!!! At first I thought it had nothing to do with Hendrix, but the next day I saw him jump the fence with a purple sock in his mouth... Straight to the pile lol.

Hendrix stealing a housemate's steak lol
Steak.jpg

IngieHendrixcopy.jpg

Then there was Kitty. I got her when I lived in a student accommodation studio apartment in Melbourne City doing uni. She was my best kept secret! She only liked drinking water straight from the tap and would insist on sitting on my shoulder while I got ready, and sitting in the shower with me (having the glass door between us was just too much distance lol). I used to put her in my backpack and take her on the train with me to my hometown in the holidays. She loved it as long as I left my hand in the bag with her, obviously I left it open enough for air flow, but it was a no pets train so I had to keep her hidden!

When I finished my course I wanted to move to Queensland but there was a 1 month gap between leases (I was waiting for that crazy uni student house in Queensland where I added Hendrix to the party). For that month I stayed at a backpackers and Kitty stayed there with me. She knew my stuff and stayed with it. Each morning she would line up for the bathroom with me and also would line up alone to get people to turn the tap on for her to have a drink lol.

This is Kitty when she was a few months old. She was all cute and lovely, and as soon as the photo was about to be taken she turned crazy! :p
Photo42copy.jpg

Last edited:
I'm actually very surprised how many people on here own cats with all the jokes that go round!!
This is my boy Jebus.
I got him from a lady in Teesdale, it's only a very small town in the middle of no where, the mum was a beautiful Persian and the lady said the father was a cat from down the road.. I didn't think of it at the time but a cat down the road, in the middle of the bush??? His temperament is defiantly that of a feral!!! Wouldn't have it any other way!!!

908905b8-f15b-64de.jpg

Caught licking himself lol
908905b8-f171-d26a.jpg

He just decided I may taste good one morning and started attacking me
908905b8-f1f1-5a9d.jpg

Hiding under the clean washing waiting for an unsuspecting victim to walk past for him to attack
908905b8-f247-09a6.jpg

Innocent!!
908905b8-f261-8d33.jpg

Just a sniff
908905b8-f27c-6970.jpg

Hmmm
908905b8-f298-bb1c.jpg

908905b8-f33a-56de.jpg

908905b8-f393-127f.jpg

Loves boxing with my partner!!

Sorry about all the pics, couldn't pick my favorite :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back