Catalogue Distribution...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

naledge

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm sick of applying for part-time jobs, so I've decided to look into something I've always hated - commission work.

Recently there has been a lot of advertising by a company (Penny Miller) in our area looking for people to distribute their catalogues and deliver products.

But I have the overwhelming feeling that I'll deliver to 500 houses and nobody will buy anything, so it'll be a complete waste.

Has anyone here worked doing this sort of thing, what's it like? Is it worth it?

I'm considering it because almost everyone that applies gets accepted and it's not set hours so I can do it around my Uni work. But it seems risky.

depends how much money you want to earn..i dont know about penny miller,but i did avon for a few years and did make money but nothing to live off as it was only a casual thing for me, but some people do it full time and make alot..good luck! (sorry if this is hard to read,am on my phone)

i did it for avon about 9 years ago. in the end, i ended up owing them money....dont ask me how that happened. with avon u deliver the catalogues, then u pick them up and take there orders, then u had to use your own money to purchase all the items, and then u walk back to the street people and u giv it to them, soooooo many of them wouldnt want the items and change there mind, or are never bloody home. and avon wont buy the product back. it drove me nuts. i did it for about 2 months.
not sure how penny miller works, i know the catalogue, we have one delievered here all teh time.
cheers
mel

I did homecare for over 5yrs and it was ok ya just gotta know people who will wanna buy from you as its a catologue once a month, penny miller is similar to homecare and innovations.

With homecare you have to at least drop off over 100 catologues and pick them up and remember where you delivered them to go back and pick them up and write down the address to the house who didnt leave the book outside..... Penny miller is the same, good luck with that...

i did it for avon about 9 years ago. in the end, i ended up owing them money....dont ask me how that happened. with avon u deliver the catalogues, then u pick them up and take there orders, then u had to use your own money to purchase all the items, and then u walk back to the street people and u giv it to them, soooooo many of them wouldnt want the items and change there mind, or are never bloody home. and avon wont buy the product back. it drove me nuts. i did it for about 2 months.
not sure how penny miller works, i know the catalogue, we have one delievered here all teh time.
cheers
mel

my nan did avon too
but she just stopped last year
they charged her 3 times the amount she was meant to pay
then refused to accept it was their mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back