Corn snakes and Chameleons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But back to this whole 'Private Zoo Licence' in Victoria - surely such a thing does not exist? :|

I spent many years in Victoria and I have never heard of it, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist of course. There are a number of people with exotic permits but they are certainly not private zoo licenses and don't permit them to obtain more animals.

Having kept chameleons I can say they are THE most awesome lizards, generally completely inoffensive and the most stunning colours imaginable.
Cornsnakes are easily the best starter snake you can get, it's a shame both aren't legally available really.
i would love a corn snake i agree shame they are not legally available

nah, i even refused the cute little leopard geckos i was offered. :(

I wouldnt take either. Have absolutly no interest. Thats what a zoo is for

Personally i would take them without paying, humanely kill them, chuck them in a mincer, freeze them and feed them to my animals.

Just thought i should make it clear i was talking about the exotic reptiles NOT the criminal scum that deal them. While i think the world would be much better off without such selfish irresponsible scum im not the vigilanty type, rightousness is the job of the government.

Nothing wrong with Corn snakes they taste great. Chameleon Sandwich also good snack.
Topped off with ecstasy and smack.
just kidding think we have seen this one before

i've been offered both so many times i can honestly say no and mean it, i think would be cammies too touchy and fiddlely in our climate which they're not meant for and cornies cute but nothing special. at the end of the day yes there is amazingly wierd looking exotic animals ourseas but i think Australian wildllife is cooler and hey if i wanted those species i would move over seas

But you have'nt even answered the question, easy to take a dig...but not so easy to answer the question???? (can't say my true thoughts:))

Isnt that the norm on this site anyway lately ? dont add anything interesting....just have a dig ! perhaps its why most dont bother to come on much anymore !

I'd be happy with the native herps Australia already has, although thats easy for me to say when i find corn snakes boring & have 7 chameleons here now !
</IMG> <--- what the hell's this ?? this site is doing some weird crap !

Last edited:
Well i have been offered from a private contact of mine (dont ask for there details) a cornsnake if i wanted one i've ever handled them just after they have hatched. While i must admit they are one of the most beautifull snakes that u can get for the price i dont know if i would take the risk as my first snake. I dont really wanna get a bredli and then 3 months later get busted by someone licenece ripped up big fine for me and so forth,,,, In all honestly if i wasn't going to get a bredli yeh i would get the cornsnake.

If we had a more variety of snakes in aus that had the same patterns and colours as a corn snake i would differ but the closest things ive seen are green tree pythons which are expensive as hell

The contact was offering me a cornsnake and an eclosure for $300 so yeh... Mind u i also saw some boa constrictors he has >< I think he has a private licence or does something that allows him to keep em.

Isnt that the norm on this site anyway lately ? dont add anything interesting....just have a dig ! perhaps its why most dont bother to come on much anymore !
!

100% agree with you,

if legal i'd have a few corns,

Well i have been offered from a private contact of mine (dont ask for there details) a cornsnake if i wanted one i've ever handled them just after they have hatched. While i must admit they are one of the most beautifull snakes that u can get for the price i dont know if i would take the risk as my first snake. I dont really wanna get a bredli and then 3 months later get busted by someone licenece ripped up big fine for me and so forth,,,, In all honestly if i wasn't going to get a bredli yeh i would get the cornsnake.

If we had a more variety of snakes in aus that had the same patterns and colours as a corn snake i would differ but the closest things ive seen are green tree pythons which are expensive as hell

The contact was offering me a cornsnake and an eclosure for $300 so yeh... Mind u i also saw some boa constrictors he has >< I think he has a private licence or does something that allows him to keep em.

If he was offering to sell you corns then I can almost guarantee that he does not have a licence.

In answer to the original question, no I would not buy exotics. I would let the appropriate authorities know so they could be dealt with.

I personally would not keep them .........
I have been offered corns and a chamelion in a pet shop, and i know of a guy who has had corns in the past ...

Yep, couldn't agree more. I get accused of ecoterrorism for saying the cornsnake is quite probably the best starter snake you can get. LOL.

100% agree with you,

if legal i'd have a few corns,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back