Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kankryb

Reaction score
Hi, I am new on this forum but been keeping Cyclodomorphus gerrardi for 30 years
I live in Denmark and I cant get hold of other species of Cyclodomorphus here so I would like to see what Cyclodomorphus species you guys keep and work with downunder.
I hope you have plenty of pics with animals and setup
:)

Welcome to APS! :)
Keeping Cyclodomorphus gerrardi for 30 years is impressive. You must have learned a lot about this species in that time.
Please share some of your insights? e.g what is their average lifespan?

In Australia, the Pink-tongued Skink is the most often kept member of the genus.
C. casuarinae and C. michaeli are also occasionally kept and bred.
I've never heard of any other members of the genus being kept or bred.

Hi Bushman,
I will gladly share everything I know about them.
Their average lifespan seem to be 10+ years and not uncommon 14+ years I saw one this summer that was 12 years old and bred by myself back then
I feed mine a diet of 80%-90% gardensnails and 10%-20% mouse pinkie,nightcrawlers,catfood and fruit (in winter the snails are defrosted)
If I help or answer any question about this lovely skink just let me know

Thanks for that information regarding their lifespan. There's not much documented data published about Cyclodomorphus life-span.
In fact, there is a bit of a shortage of detailed study about these animals.
My own observations indicate that they are duirnal, crepuscular and nocturnal.
What do you feed newborns? Do you find them interested in consuming insects as juveniles?

My observations are that they rarely are nocturnal but can be if you change feeding time (I keep nocturnal geckos) as for newborn babies I use choped up snails, mousepinkies,catfood and I have never owned a Pink-tongued that liked to chase prey that moved faster than snails .Here in Denmark my females always gives birth in nov.-dec. so I dont have live baby snails for my babies and juveniles till april

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back