Death Adder bite on Sydney woman

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow! yeah man VERY lucky lady...Those things really pack a wallop!

Lucky lady, but I had to lol at their stab at sounding intelligent...

The scratch came from its fangs - one of the longest sets in snakedom - and the spray was its venom.

The spray wasn't its venom, it was the lady peeing herself after a very close call.....

Doesn't sound like she peed herself. Its not a bad report for a change and the snake was released unharmed by Sydney Wildlife.

I wonder how commonly sydney snake catchers get called to relocate adders?

I wonder how commonly sydney snake catchers get called to relocate adders?
Not a lot, couple of times a year at best. Then they are often in areas that the caller wouldn't acess normally anyway. Occasionally they have turned up inside homes. This has happened a couple of times on the Nortern Beaches.

Mate in Darwin was mowing his lawn in bare feet (as everyone does) & got wacked by one ,the day before we had all done a first aid course so when i arrived he was bandaged from foot to thigh.The problem was they gave him a hybrid anti whatsyacallit which made him crook but he was ok eventually.

Mate in Darwin was mowing his lawn in bare feet (as everyone does) & got wacked by one ,the day before we had all done a first aid course so when i arrived he was bandaged from foot to thigh.The problem was they gave him a hybrid anti whatsyacallit which made him crook but he was ok eventually.
there goes $30,000

Not doubting your story but it does sound a little odd. If they had followed protocols and swabbed the bite site the SVDK should have indicated the correct AV to use. In the case of Death Adder bite - Death Adder AV. Not sure why he would have been given polyvalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back