Decent Herp books

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GOOD BOOKS:

FANGS' I don't know if anybody mention these books :?: Thy are (THE LIVING PYHONS: A Complete Guide To The Pythons Of The World)BY: Jerry G. Walls, it's good reading,kind of long an some technical stuff. :shock: The other is (PYTHONS: A Complete Pet Owner's Manual)BY: Patricia Bartlett; Ernie Wagner. it's good reading. Hope it helps :D

books.

here is a couple of other books that also have good merit.
graeme gows complete guide to australian snakes..
australian reptiles and frogs by ramond hoser
cheers paul.

Hey guys,
where can i get all of these books? (Pythons; Acomplete pet owners manual by Patrica & Ernie Wagner and Pythons of the world, David and Tracey Barker)
Also, how much do they cost???
Cheers

If your in sydney you can get PYTHONS: A Complete Pet Owner's Manual:by Patricia Bartlett, Ernie Wagner at Petcare 2000 Warehouse Taren Point Rd Caringbah for $18.50.
Not sure about the other though.

cheers

yes we do spend a lot on books but they are also a good gift idea as not many people are willing to give snakes as pets the next best thing is a snake book i got 3 for christmas just gone :D

The Bartlett and Wagner you can get most anywhere, and it's not bad.
The Barker, I am eagerly awaiting. Best bet is to get it from the authors themselves in the states, as it is out of print.

..and yes, they do make great presents, I got the Geordi Torr book as a leaving gift when I resigned from my old work. :)

Well in that case yous all know its my birthday in 7 days dont yous?
(now yous do) :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is a great little book available through the herp shop, called Pythons of Australia by Brian Kend. Its around 200 pages and although not a large book, it is hardcover and has brilliant pics. The are reproduced from colour plates and there are around 80 pics of australian pythons in their natural habitat. Also covers, Ecology, evolution, radiation and distribution of australian pythons. Python systematics, index of common and scientific names, checklist of australian pythons and maps of australia.

Key to the genera of australian pythons, hiding, basking, foraging, diet , predators and defense. Phenology of reproduction, courtship and copulation, male aggression and combat, ovulation, gestation and unusual behaviour of gravid pythons. Oviposition, Maternal incubation and thermoregulatory behaviour and hatching, growth rates and age at maturity.

hope this covers the lot, it sells for around $70 but looks nice in the collection.

cheers

Fangs said:
Was looking through some books at a petshop yesterday and they had a few books on Pythons.
While some of the info in them was quite good there was also a lot of content that wasnt relevant to Australia.
That said what book/s would you all recommend as a reference to keeping Australian snakes,in particular Pythons.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back