Dog-eating python strikes again

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor pooch?? That poor python was hungry!!

Poor snake, missing out on a meal - anyway, my opinion is... thats not a dog, its a rat on steroids and thats why they shake :lol:

According to the wise and all-knowing Jeff Dunham (Achmed the Dead Terrorist etc)... "If you can drop kick it over the back fence..... NOT a dog!!"

hahahahaha love it if i had my way i would release it in serberbia so it can eat more blasted dogs

ive been thinking about this, im not quite sure how id react if i came home and saw that a snake had eaten my dog....i love my snakes, but i love my dog aswell...mmmm.....

Yeh well if that was my pet I can tell you now the snake would have copped it...

Certain reptile enthusiasts really give the hobby a bad name

especially with comments such as those displayed in this thread!

Oh come on its funny... its not like any of us would deliberately sik our snakes onto someones pet.

I absolutely adore and respect our native wildlife, but if I were put in the same situation I'd definitely want to be defending my dog! She is after all like a daughter to me and I would do anything to save her, though harming the snake in any way shape or form would definitely be held as a last resort option.

Point is, it is understandable how pet owners would feel and react given the situation at hand. However if I was living in an area which I knew I'd be sharing with several large pythons about, I'd be inclined to take the precautions necessary to avoid this from happening in the first place ie keeping my pets indoors especially during certain times of the year when these occurrences are more prevalent.

I love living in F N Q get at least one scrubby a month in the chook house

Oh come on its funny... its not like any of us would deliberately sik our snakes onto someones pet.

How is that funny exactly? What a pathetic attitude to have :rolleyes:

Thals you are def right if your going to live in an area that has wildlife etc..
You take precautions to keep loved ones safe
I certainly wouldn't be leaving my chihuahua's outside unattended in a place like that.. :shock:

Well i guess i will just have to be pathetic then! I just have a mental picture of a little chihuahua (sp?) in the jaws of a big scrubby. I admit that i do tend to have a slightly twisted sense of humour, but im my mind, that is a humourous image.

I certainly agree that, esp in an area like that it is necessary to be careful of ur pets. Where i live, brown snake sightings are not uncommon in summer, esp with the new housing developments and the poor things getting uprooted from their homes. But, in the hotter weather, we take precautions, are on the look out constantly and if anyone spots one, EVERYONE gets notified in the neighbourhood. This results in pets and small children being kept inside. I'm sure though that the 10yr old down the road would be smart enough to not go poking around. No one has moved as a result!! Now that is pathetic!

There is something about living in an area where there are scrubbies....and choosing to have a small dog and leaving it in the backyard unattended that reeks of STUPID to me. it is not the snakes fault...it is the persons fault who is stupid enough not to take the necessary precautions to protect her pet.......STUPID STUPID STUPID and I am pleased to hear the snake was captured and released into the wild somewhere else....at least there was a sensible outcome to a very sad and avoidable event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back