Egg hatch - Magpie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie

Reaction score
I don't know if any remember, but awhile back Stu and I rescued a lone Water Dragon egg that was laid on a front doorstep before the mother dragon was disturbed by the woman living there who shooed her away before she finished.

Well IT HAS HATCHED!!!!!!! :shock: :D And now we are caring for a very cute little baby water dragon... :)

Just wanted Magpie's advice on his rescued beardie eggs: Did you let them all go straight away? Or did you feed them once/twice first before you released them all? How old were they when you released them?

Nobody in our wires branch has hatched eggs before so we have no one to give us advice on this one. We were just going to give him a few crickets and then let him go straight away... :?: I'm pretty sure this is what you did Magpie?? :?:

Hey Pinkie! Because I had 45 of them, most of them only got 4 or 5 feeds before being released. But because both mums had actually died, I held 6 of them back to grow into sub adults before releasing to maximise their chances of survival. Baby dragons have a very low survival rate in the wild so I thought this would help ensure that the 2 that died were replaced. As yours did not die, I would release the bub after a couple of feeds. :D :D :D

Thanks Magpie, good to hear from you! :)
We have some of those 0.5cm roaches for him, and a friend who works at the zoo gave us some fly pupae too.
Thanks again for the advice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back