Encloser help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt, the size of your enclosure really depends on what you want to keep in it. THe material you use should be non porous so as to keep it as clean as possible.
It would be advantageous for you to check out your nearest supplier of reptiles to see what they house their reptiles in. You could also have a look through the personal galleries and take notes on the way other members built their enclosures.

Good luch with it.

Franco

My mother visited me one day at my house, and I had my bearded dragon on my shoulder. She didn't notice it at first, but when she did, she screamed louder than anyone I've ever heard and nearly jumped off my 4th floor balcony to get away from it. :)

And the beardie was only a hatchling!!!! :D

The only time I'd heard her scream louder was when I was a kid and we went to the snow. We finally talked her into having a go on the tobogan by telling her it was slow......Then 2 of us pushed her down the hill as hard as we could.... She screamed the whole way down!!!!! :lol: The whole mountain of people watched her and laughed..... I've never been so grounded in my life!

Don't underestimate someones reaction to a reptile...... It may not be what you expect.

No No

She doesnt have a prob wid da reptile bit but she does with the kepping of rats and mice you no....
because we have lots of em around cause of the rain every day i catch about 7 then i let em go down the bush there is a green tree snake down there it luvs to eat them hehehe :lol:

Sorry Matt, I'm from VIC. However I'm sure someone in here is from Brisbane and would be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

Franco

the other day

The other day the green tree snake was sun baking in the chickens pen and one of my chickens got clucky to lay an egg the chook walked in the pen and started going syc at the snake i just thought to myself wat a sad sad snake getting beaten up by a chook one of its food sources!

I havent got a reptile yet but i want to my mum says im not aloud a snake till i move out but im thinking about buying one when she goes to England :!: She doesnt have a prob wid da reptile bit but she does with the kepping of rats and mice you no....
because we have lots of em around cause of the rain every day i catch about 7 then i let em go down the bush there is a green tree snake down there it luvs to eat them hehe :!: the other day the green tree snake was sun baking in the chickens pen and one of my chickens got clucky to lay an egg the chook walked in the pen and started going syc at the snake i just thought to myself wat a sad sad snake getting beaten up by a chook one of its food sources!

Matt are you telling porkies? still worrying about that little green thing under your name?
You dont need to make post after post I myself have only been a member here for 1 week.You will progress quickly enough with genuine submissions into the forums. :D :D :D

Im just wondering how big should my vivarium be for my pet frogs there are 4 of them and they all are about 1 and a half inches big...
any ideas :?:

Matt as I have informed you before you are getting off topic and it isnt fair to the person who made the original post.Can you please start a new topic if you wish to change the subject

Hey cyber,
I think Matt's doing much better now. It is an enclosure question.

Hey Matt, Welcome to APS!
On the snake enclosures, you should first decide what kind of snake you want, then you will know how big it gets, if it needs lots of ground space, or height and branches cause it likes climbing.

Have you got your reptile keepers licence yet? That shows you the species you can choose from, but a Childrens is always a good choice for a first snake.

As for the frog enclosure, I have no idea, but if you post a question in the "Exotics/Other Reptiles" forum, you may get some responses from our members who know about frogs...

Cheers,
Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back