Fangs for the lift: Snake shock for driver Read more: http://www.news.com.au/nationa

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The snake was taken to the reptile vet and given a clean bill of health

It doesn't look to healthy to me in this pic that accompanies the story

snake.jpg

I thought the same thing. But if the animal had been dragged a distance one would expect more damage. Another thing, how did the animal bite in that position?

He opened the door to get out and to see what the noise was and that is when it bit him, he then shut the door catching the animal as it is in the pic.

So where was the RBB originally stuck before he got bit and shut the door on it..?

was it stuck in the door, then dropped as he opened to check, and then stuck again?
seems like the only way i could explain how it was there

watching the video, how can the guy describe the snake as being "on all fours"???
lol, I noticed that too.
I am actually quite upset about this as it has enforced the typical misconception that snakes chase you down and kill your children, even driving through the city we are not safe!!!

well after watching that video last night I cringed in horror at the bad practise of securing that snake, no offence intended to the individual but I sincerely hope this has been highlighted & the snake catcher informed of the errors & retraining advised before someone using that method gets a bite.

pardon the language here, but that guy just sounded like a d!@#, "so what do you want to see happen to the snake?" "well i want it to cover my insurance because seriously, whatever damage has been done by the snake is worth soooooo much more than an animals life, esp when said animal is just acting like it was made to act like. esp if it was stuck in a car door like that!" (yes i took an "artistic" approach to what he actually said)

Here's a direct Copy and Paste of the four comments at the bottom of this article on the courier mail:

#
Jason 4006 of Brisbane Posted at 5:58 AM Today

Only worried about his car??

Comment 1 of 4
#
Larry Hilltoph of Bulimba Posted at 6:01 AM Today

Shame. only good snake is a dead one.

Comment 2 of 4
#
nat of qld of queensland Posted at 9:09 AM Today

thats it!.. going to get a sun roof put in so i get outta the car!.. glad he ok, his heart is better than mine!

Comment 3 of 4
#
K.T. of Rochedale of Rochedale Posted at 10:48 AM Today

It never ceases to amaze me. Quote"The snake was taken to the reptile vet and given a clean bill of health." The only good snake is a dead one.Why do people persevere in protecting snakes.

Comment 4 of 4

Please begin to put your comments in too... Fangs for the lift: Snake shock for driver | Courier Mail

I think he said it was in the car then opened and then it was there orrr it was up under the car, waited till it stopped then moved away then when he opened the door it came back at him then getting stuck in the car door, this is what happened to my dad a brown was in the wheel arch some how opened to get out and got him.

I posted a comment but it didn't get published. Maybe I shouldn't have said the previous commenters were stupid. Or maybe the website just agrees with those attitudes

pardon the language here, but that guy just sounded like a d!@#, "so what do you want to see happen to the snake?" "well i want it to cover my insurance because seriously, whatever damage has been done by the snake is worth soooooo much more than an animals life, esp when said animal is just acting like it was made to act like. esp if it was stuck in a car door like that!" (yes i took an "artistic" approach to what he actually said)

He sounded like a guy who just got tagged by a dangerous snake making light of the situation. You sound like a d(your word) with no sense of humour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back