First really decent handle!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza90

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey! Another first-time-snake-owner thread, sorry in advance!!

So I've had wee Flynn out quite a few times since I've had him, usually for about 5 or 10 minutes before he gets a tad too fiesty and needs to be put back away. I've had a lot of trouble with getting him out of his enclosure (He's a tad cage defensive!) and not wanted to get him out if he's in too much of a mood, but this morning I persevered through his moodiness and managed to get him out:- Without a bloody hitch! Had him out for about 20 mins! He was comfortable enough with me to have a bit of an explore, took him into my bedroom, he climbed all over me, around my back and arms and everything! Was quite happy! (Both of us!) I did manage to (ever so gently) start up my lap top and get a couple of happy-snaps of my first decent handle of him! Sorry about the poor quality and the fact that you can't really see his size/markings but I assure you, he's a little heartbreaker :D. Here's hoping for a lot more happier handling!!

Cheers,

Gaz.Photo_00002.jpgPhoto_00004.jpg

Well done! What type of python is he? :) (sorry i can see the snake but can't tell what type he is because of how dark the pics are)

Well done mate, soundslike you're doing the right thing by handling for short periods at a time.

Do you use a hook when getting him out? I usually take my snakes out by hand, but I have a young jungle which at times I use the hook.... but once out I can slide her off and she seems better.

He's a South Western Carpet Python :)

I use a hook if he's tucked away in the corner of his viv, but if I find him under a hide or something I'm quite happy to use my hands to scoop him out. He just gets a tad too defensive if he's approached head-on, so the hook is the best bet in some situations :)

Cheers,

Gaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back