carpet python question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stomk4

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey I was recently given two carpet pythons they are almost 2 years old in February next year and march and haven't been handled much one of them is real placid but today got a bit nippy so i tried to feed him and he fed straight away and the other fella i call grumpy cause he hates people, I've had them for a month so far and they're beautiful snakes and grumpy has calmed down a little bit not much tho (thats the little back story)

Now for my question because I haven't had a snake for a long time and I've forgotten everything, these guys have been getting hungry every week and fed every week from me and I don't know if they where fed properly before hand as the person just said he fed them when they where hungry and that could have been anytime your guess is as good as mine there, but at the moment they've been waiting to get fed every week how can i change it back to 2 weeks without getting bitten a bit as the placid one was a real surprise today as it's been real good and the one i tell people I trust em to be around my kids but he hard a strike at my wife today when she tried to grab him out and she got scared, and i decided to feed him because i thought maybe he's hungry and sure enough he ate but I was under the impression every 2 weeks is how it should be

Little update, the nice fella who was a bit snappy today ate, but grumpy took and just rejected it so i might be able to move him back to 2 weeks

Last edited:
Hi Stom4,

Mate you need to provide a bit more info so we can get a handle on the whole situation.

You say the snakes are two years old but...How big are they?
What are you feeding them and what is the size of the food item?
What is your set up like? Enclosure size, construction type, furnishings, heating (method & temps).
Are they kept together or separate?
Where is the enclosure located? Is it a high volume traffic area?
How often are you handling them?

If you can provide some answers to these it would be to your advantage.

Cheers,

George.

Back