Fish Fans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettix

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,just sharing some pics of my tank i just finished setting up.
5x2x2 1/2 ft need some more fish now to fill it lol.

jpg.gif
bailey 011.jpg (165.1 KB)

Attachments

• bailey 011.jpg
    bailey 011.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 331
if i were you, i would remove that all and start over, the wood with various different rocks doesnt do much for me, would look alot better with either just drift wood and larger pieces or just one type of rock. If you went with the rock would be awsome for some of the african cichlids. If you added larger bits of driftwood, attaches some java moss and mass plant fine feathery leaved plants at the back and a few swords at the front would be awsome for a south american community aquarium, fill it with various barbs, tetra's, loaches, catties etc woud be a very good tank indeed.

it looks great to me, do what you want with ur tank, it looks better the way you want it set up

if he likes it thats fine but i just gave him my opinion, I for one like natural looking tanks replicating a single nabitat, sometimes even a paticular location. At the moment plaaing for my 6-8ft mary river tank

Thats all the rocks i had from all my smaller tanks.
Need the driftwood in there for the cats to feed, theres peppermints,clown plecs,albino's and orange spots.
Theres a pair of geophagus somewhere in there too.I know, it needs a background too

if you like it thats way thats fine, i was just saying what i would do. What ever you do i would be planting alot more plants in it

Nice!

Thats an awesome setup :D i dont have much luck with fish :( they're awesome though, you'll have to post some pics when you get the fish in there

Some Pics of my tanks

Hey Guys,

These are mine, cause sharing is caring :)

4ft Tropical Tank
4ft Axlotyl Tank
4 x 2 Turtle Tank
2ft Turtle Tank

Matt

Attachments

• Baby Turts.JPG
    Baby Turts.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Tropical tank2.JPG
    Tropical tank2.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Big Turts.JPG
    Big Turts.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Axl.JPG
    Axl.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 131
  • fish and turts.JPG
    fish and turts.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 134
Thanks jess,will do.

Hornet thanks for opinions all welcome,but carn't have plants with geo's or big cichlids,they will ripem to shreds.

Hey Guys,

4ft Tropical Tank
4ft Axlotyl Tank
4 x 2 Turtle Tank
2ft Turtle Tank

Matt
Sounds good matt but also sounds like alot of water changes with those setups.:D

i wouldnt have thought they would bother plants, i know south americans are fine with them but being carnivores wouldnt think they would damage them

not too much actually.....

On the big turtle tank and tropical tank I have very large cannister filters with UV lights inbuilt to them..... hardly any algae and maybe 2 buckets from each every weekend - takes about 20 mins :)

I have too many animals already lol - I WANT MORE TURTLES :) I am addicted !!

oh didn't get your pics first time matt,looks awsome too.Great job.

Geo's won't eat plants. Other large SA cichlids like severums or uara will so steer away from them if you want your plants.

I like the loom of your tank. Throw in some more plants such as swords and anubis and it will look better. I'll try and upload some pictures of my 6ft tank with my breeding colony of burundi frontosas and some other assorted fish in the next day or two.

i wouldnt have thought they would bother plants, i know south americans are fine with them but being carnivores wouldnt think they would damage them
No not all are carnivors most eat plant and meat,but they need alot of veg in their diets inc alge.called omnivous

Geo's won't eat plants. Other large SA cichlids like severums or uara will so steer away from them if you want your plants.

I like the loom of your tank. Throw in some more plants such as swords and anubis and it will look better. I'll try and upload some pictures of my 6ft tank with my breeding colony of burundi frontosas and some other assorted fish in the next day or two.
Your right ,but they are sandsifters and uproot all the plants,that why ive got anubius.

no matter what anyone says, you have something special there.
So dont limit yourself with just the 1 species. My 800ltr tank contains about 12 species of A/Cichlids and 10 different types of Catfish. plus a Blue yabbie and 2 fresh water Crabs.:D

Bring on those FRONTOSA'S.....please:D

Hey Guys,

4ft Tropical Tank
4ft Axlotyl Tank
4 x 2 Turtle Tank
2ft Turtle Tank

Matt

not to burst your bubble darl, but those turtles need somewhere to dry themselves. they do need a large swimming area yes, but just as that is important, they also definately need a dry place to climb onto, big enough to allow the turtle to bask without hanging in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back