fishing north australia... attempt to kill snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jack

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone else watch "fishing north australia" this morning?
.... a common tree snake ended up in the boat with the two boof head barra fishermen and a bikini clad model... was hilarious except one of the heros decided to kill the snake with a paddle and repeatedly whacked it pretty hard, but the wounded snake shot up the other end of the boat and the other fellow jumped over board with fright... shame there wasnt a croc waiting...
i am sending a whinge email to channel nine about the snake whacking business, anyone else who saw it might want to do the same

not really news i guess, but it was on the telly, mods feel free to move this

Is there really anything wrong with snake whacking and a bikini clad model?

I didn't see that bit - but it's not the first bit of disappointing snake activity I've seen on Aussie TV - even on ABC there was a show where a guy threw a BHP!!!

I think the complaints go right over their head somehow - it is very sad :(

Is there really anything wrong with snake whacking and a bikini clad model?

I know how sexist is this show, it just seems this guy has realised how boring he is and has to have a girl in a bikini for people to watch.
Anyway saw the show this morning and laughed my head over the snake in the boat, thought at the time, maybe a bit of thoughful editing could have cut that bit but goes to show the old mentality, if its a snake then whack it !!! shame they wasted most of this section on the snake not the girl in the bikin on the bank

no wonder people hate snakes. "If people on tv do t then it's alright" thats the way some ignorant people see the world.

Will

i hate people like that.... no respect for animals....

on another note, i just got a brand new baby long-neck turtle! its adorable =P

Nat ;)

hm i saw a fishing show on this morning, i dont know what fishing show it was though. but i couldnt watch it, what time was it on ? can the guy who whacked the snake get fined for what he did ?

hm i saw a fishing show on this morning, i dont know what fishing show it was though. but i couldnt watch it, what time was it on ? can the guy who whacked the snake get fined for what he did ?

Killing it? No. Putting it in a tree and saving its life? Yes.

I was appalled when they broadcast his attempts at killing the GTS. Otherwise I can't see a problem with having bikini-clad girls fishing to enhance your prospective audience.

Everyone seemes to have seen the show does anyone know what it was called

"real" fishermen usually encounter and know they will encounter snakes in the wild...

TV fishing personalities rarely have respect or are scared of snakes they have a crew to feed to the attacking reptile:?...
I was fishing with ET up in Rockhampton (CQ), was reeling in my squidgee and an elapid head popped up...me being a herp enthusiest exclaims "look! a snake!" ET stares at me, and runs up the bank, and then realises I'm still standing there and drags me away. The rest of the trip I was laughing that I was a 15 year old girl, and here's this big burly ex-footy player running scared! :lol: :rolleyes:

I saw the show which saddened me greatly....to me it seems all people who genuinely care about reptiles have a HUGE job to do. ie, "educating the uneducated". It cannot be done with blaming and hating unforturnate people that don't seem to have the wisdom and love for nature as we keepers do.

If that was a CAT in their boat do you really think the cat would have been treated the same way.

miley you are spot on: "real" fishermen usually encounter and know they will encounter snakes in the wild...

Cheers
Sandee :)

Did anyone see that story on Red Belly that bit a kid in sydney's western suburbs on the news last week.

They interviewed some idiot who said he wanted to find the snake. Then they showed footage of him looking for it in bushes, holding a cricket bat in one hand and his 5 y.o daughters hand in the other.... Oh and neither of them were wearing shoes.

Class A moron

....to me it seems all people who genuinely care about reptiles have a HUGE job to do. ie, "educating the uneducated".

glad i wasnt the only one to be absolutely horrified that the'd show that.

great lesson on how to treat snakes from a big rednecked moron,....dam i was sooo angry,....!!!

had to watch to the end to make sure it got away, still totally unimpressed, freaking jacka$$!!

more than happy to back up anything u want to say, i was gonna do the same,...do u have an email address handy?

Anyone else watch "fishing north australia" this morning?
.... a common tree snake ended up in the boat with the two boof head barra fishermen and a bikini clad model... was hilarious except one of the heros decided to kill the snake with a paddle and repeatedly whacked it pretty hard, but the wounded snake shot up the other end of the boat and the other fellow jumped over board with fright... shame there wasnt a croc waiting...
i am sending a whinge email to channel nine about the snake whacking business, anyone else who saw it might want to do the same

not really news i guess, but it was on the telly, mods feel free to move this

I'm surprised NPWS/EPA don't do something about this. Especially if they have it clear as day on video footage.

I saw it too and was horrified how that big sluggish oaf kept whacking at it with the paddle. I couldn't believe it when Alex Julius jumped out of the boat into the water like a fool to get away from the "monster harmless snake" He's lucky there wasn't a hungry saltwater croc close by..

For someone with Alex Julius' "repuation" as a fisherman and wildlife journalist, and having lived up in the NT for years, I would have thought he'd be a little more informed on the local wildlife and not be such a moron.

Lucky he didn't see a mouse or he might have been standing on that swivel seat at the front of his boat squealing :lol:

It was a beautiful looking gree tree snake as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back