fishing north australia... attempt to kill snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone with Alex Julius' "repuation" as a fisherman and wildlife journalist, and having lived up in the NT for years, I would have thought he'd be a little more informed on the local wildlife and not be such a moron.

Aww...come on guys he was only trying to impress that "bikini clad female"

It's not a serious fishing show anyways ... it;s a comedy for desparados

roflmao :)

Holy crap I just saw it on youtube...
The poor snake! That makes me angry.
If any one is curious, here it is. (well I think it is any way from what iv herd, its a gts snake any way.)
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2jXc26voZBY

sickening.. an email and a phone call is heading their way tomorrow.. i bet " barra lodge " would love the publicity.. their website is shown onscreen there..

i no it was discusting. i didnt give it credit by watching on.. why was the person sparying a can of Bushman repellant in the gunnell wat a loser... thank god the snake got away.

Did anyone see that story on Red Belly that bit a kid in sydney's western suburbs on the news last week.

They interviewed some idiot who said he wanted to find the snake. Then they showed footage of him looking for it in bushes, holding a cricket bat in one hand and his 5 y.o daughters hand in the other.... Oh and neither of them were wearing shoes.

Class A moron
I saw and thought they exact same thing. Its frustrating how such an influencial (sp) form of media is so bad in the way they portray reptiles. Sure they play Life in Cold Blood and have the reptile park guys (great job putting up with it) on the morning shows but even then the host make a huge deal about it being a snake and how much they hate snakes.
Monis

killing a snake

:DHi Jack we have the same drongos over here ,shrieking out kill it "kill it "deadly venomouse snake usualy turns out to be a harmless grass snake or sloworm minding its own business basking in the rare Enlish sun wonder we have a herps left here .I got bitten twice on the little toe by a yellow faced whip snake in QLD years ago whilst try to catch it wearing thongs and was to embaressed to go to the docs for any treatment , what would the hysteria be nowdays on any one being bitten a national shut down of local bushland by the health and safety pc brigade ? :|keith

Last edited:
its a tree snake how scarey are they lucky no one got bit nasty things them

Its bad enough they have to resort to sexual discrimination on a show. But animal abuse.... thats just wrong, good on you for writing to channel 9. Television is very impressionable now people will go around whacking snakes... and I hope they get bitten!

'Tis times like this when I lose faith in our human race.
Lol is that guy so darn boring that he needs to get a girl with a bikini on just so people will watch his show? :p thats just sad.

Give me their email Jack!

I wanna have a good whinge too ! =) Might also send them a heap of useless spam ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back