frog ID, looks like some sort of toad thing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanharvey1993

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
found this on the verandah

100_3575.jpg

100_3576.jpg

100_3577.jpg

100_3578.jpg

100_3579.jpg

100_3580.jpg

I think it looks more like a Dusky Toadlet (Uperoleia fusca) they tend to have more "blue" on their flanks and I think I can see orange groin/thigh patches. Best way to ID Uperoleia (apart from call) is by ventral patterning.

Aaron

thanks, It would help if I had my new camera lol, comes on thursday, the one Im using has been dropped way to many times, the lense is probably a bit dirty and its a crap camera overal, my photography sucks to lol

lol yeah I've dropped my old camera into rivers and down rocky mountainsides but it still worked ... nevertheless I was glad to upgrade. And your photos arn't bad, I've had people ask me to ID a frog which was an indistinguishable blurry blob somewhere in the distance of the shot! :lol:

Midnight,

Thats very similar to an endangered species, Giant Bull frog.....Limnodynastes interioris, it needs a wash but they are certainly native

Cheers,
Scott

I think it looks more like a Dusky Toadlet (Uperoleia fusca) they tend to have more "blue" on their flanks and I think I can see orange groin/thigh patches. Best way to ID Uperoleia (apart from call) is by ventral patterning.

Aaron

Gday Aaron- dunno if you know...(Brads bro from FATS....in reality :p is me)

Anyway, to the point....its a Upe, thats all that counts :p

Midnight,

Thats very similar to an endangered species, Giant Bull frog.....Limnodynastes interioris, it needs a wash but they are certainly native

Cheers,
Scott

I dont know about endangered, they come in swarms!!

And the Ornate burrowing frog post. I do know for a fact that they bury themselves. And they pee on you when you pick them up. Haha

Sorry, ill stop hijacking now...

I can't believe people think banjos are ugly! wow.

Hey, Eipper, I was just wondering about them being endangered (interioris). I've heard a few people say that recently, but I've never seen them listed as such. Could you direct me to where I could find out more? There were plenty around when I still lived down south, it'd be scary if the species has crashed that much in the past few years.

Oh, and just to stay on the original topic of the thread: Uperoleia sp. (no idea which one)

jamie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back